Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 Sv6 Reverse switch / inhibitor switch 5speed auto M82 help

deanos70

Reaction score
Hi guys

Anyone help please ? my reverse lights aren't coming on so either is my after market reverse camera , there's no listing on the fuse panel for reverse lights fuse , i have heard its on the turn signal fuse ? if that's so my turn signals are still working fine.

Is the reverse light switch part of the inihibitor / neutral switch on the Sv6 5 speed auto's ? If so where is it located and how hard is it to get at ? Its not under the gear selector as in the vr/vs models, i cant see it either side of the gear box from underneath, Anyone got any pics of where its installed or info on replacing it , don't know if its the same as the 4 speed auto ?

Cheers

deanos70

Reaction score
Update for those interested, The M82 5 speed auto , the inhibitor and reverse light switch are one, they are conveniently located inside the gearbox, yes thats right inside the gearbox immersed in transmission fluid where the selector shaft goes through the gearbox, so might as well change the transmission fluid and filter while in there .