Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
More yoga mat between it and the roof? Or around the hinges? Never really seen / played with one in a Commodore.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
It's not the whole sunglass holder and lights, it's literly just the compartment that holds the sunnys. If i open it, it stops. Not ideal to leave it open though lol. I might try putting extra weight in there somehow to the little latch stops bouncing up and down againist what it locks against.

Last edited:
R

Risky

If you're after leather NOS trim, try obsoleteparts_australia ebay store,a division of Eagle Auto Parts items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores! I bought the grey statesman leather door inserts, Monaro gear knob & the gaiter. I've yet to ask them if their NOS leather seat covers fit a standard seat. You might find some other goodies there. Delivery took 4 days.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
If you're after leather NOS trim, try obsoleteparts_australia ebay store,a division of Eagle Auto Parts items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores! I bought the grey statesman leather door inserts, Monaro gear knob & the gaiter. I've yet to ask them if their NOS leather seat covers fit a standard seat. You might find some other goodies there. Delivery took 4 days.

I don't think i'll get stuff from them, I'm happy to clean up second hand stuff for the prices they charge haha!

On another note, i re-installed the 6x9's today, but not to wire them up, to quiet down the sub. As my subwoofer faces the boot roof, you can hear the sub aswell as the kick it does. For example you hear the kick, but then you hear the port noise very quickly afterwards and felt like it was doing double notes. All is fixed now though.

Tim has emailed me saying the Raptor kit should be all together and on it's way next Wednesday. Hopefully don't run into any complications or weather and i'll have it on friday night/Saturday.

R

Risky

Lol trust me when you pay $400 for a small plastic trim piece for a Suzuki grand Vitara, Holden NOS are dirt cheap & yes the wreckers are even cheaper.

I'm amazed that your boot doesn't automatically open every time you have the stereo on lol

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Lol trust me when you pay $400 for a small plastic trim piece for a Suzuki grand Vitara, Holden NOS are dirt cheap & yes the wreckers are even cheaper.

I'm amazed that your boot doesn't automatically open every time you have the stereo on lol

Haha yeah suppose that's true, I wouldn't want to do individual trims at a time though, but a whole set.

I don't have the subwoofer turned all the way up haha, wouldn't be able to hear the music! Until the speakers are amped it's gotta stay down :p

It hits the low's in songs so hard though haha. It's like having big power though, good to know you can use it when you want - I just turn it up when I want. Will test it out in drive ins one day on a horror movie :p

It's not as loud as you think it would be as it's under-powered, but if i play something pretty loud (say 25 volume - headunit goes to 35) you can feel it tightening in your chest and your hair start to stand lol

R

Risky

I remember a mate of mine years ago hooked up a very nice stereo system to his VC Commodore. Every time he pumped up the volume the rear window would vibrate.

The parts guys at my local Holden Dealer are still amazed that you can still buy a fair bit of stuff for the VY-VZ. I bought a new centre console a couple of weeks ago as mine was showing major wear. Best $90 I spent. If I did that to my Grand Vitara, I'd be paying several hundred.

R

Risky

Lol I can't clean mine at the moment cos it's raining. I'll have to take some pics of my interior. Trying to find decent seats is like trying to have a shag in a church.

I have to say that your ride is pretty straight & clean. I had a nosey at your previous rides & it's good to see you look after them. Pity about the VE SV6 Ute as it had a great colour.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
You won't know the car when the charger is fitted.
It will feel like a a whole new car & you'll enjoy every bit of it.