Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
lol really needs a dyno tune then over mail order.

You're not wrong, it'll come in the next few months.. Gotta build back bank since it's pretty sad at the moment!

Might try reset ecu again in the next couple of days if daily driving in peak hour driving doesn't fix the idle issue because stalling every 5 seconds in traffic will suck.

looking good man !

Cheers - Probably be it for a while though lol

R

Risky

It's hard to tell what costs more: Cars or women? Cars just answer when you hit the throttle, women just keep throttling on.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
Sounds like you might have a vacuum leak or something? When I installed my charger the Ute was stalling after I lifted off the throttle. Tim set me up with a restrictor that goes in the big rubber tubing that goes from the BOV back to the intake pipe. Fixed the issue straight away. It's almost like the BOV dumps too much air in one hit back into the intake and the ecu spazzes out.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Sounds like you might have a vacuum leak or something? When I installed my charger the Ute was stalling after I lifted off the throttle. Tim set me up with a restrictor that goes in the big rubber tubing that goes from the BOV back to the intake pipe. Fixed the issue straight away. It's almost like the BOV dumps too much air in one hit back into the intake and the ecu spazzes out.

It's not a vacuum leak, it idles perfectly fine and drives even better. BUT, if I'm rolling at any speed, any gear, and put the clutch in, it'll stall and I gotta dump the clutch to roll start it again.

Also at idle, if I blip the throttle over 2K rpm, it drops down too much and stalls. Sometimes it catchss it at like 300rpm, and rev hunts to 1200rpm, down to 600rpm, up to 1000rpm, and finally gets to idling normally.

I wonder if what you got will fix my issue, but it sounds more like a tune for me.. Even the throttle body breather I used hose clamps so the prick wouldn't come off lol. No chance for any vac leaks, I've checked every hose and all is good.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
It's not a vacuum leak, it idles perfectly fine and drives even better. BUT, if I'm rolling at any speed, any gear, and put the clutch in, it'll stall and I gotta dump the clutch to roll start it again.

Also at idle, if I blip the throttle over 2K rpm, it drops down too much and stalls. Sometimes it catchss it at like 300rpm, and rev hunts to 1200rpm, down to 600rpm, up to 1000rpm, and finally gets to idling normally.

I wonder if what you got will fix my issue, but it sounds more like a tune for me.. Even the throttle body breather I used hose clamps so the prick wouldn't come off lol. No chance for any vac leaks, I've checked every hose and all is good.

That sounds identical to the problem I had. I'd be asking Tim about it.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
That sounds identical to the problem I had. I'd be asking Tim about it.

Have sent an email to Tim letting him know to have a look at your comments, would love for that issue to be fixed.

Car had a bit more pull this morning :p. It's slowly getting more powerful but a worse rev drop lol

we need to try changing the IAC, i got one sitting around in my old throttle body we can test with too.

I'll take the IAC off missus car and try that out. I don't think there's anything wrong with it though, but eliminates something.

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Now there is a thought!!

The 19mm restrictor which fitted in end of BOV return hose.

If I recall it was a welsh plug and I machined a hole (19mm) into it.

Will check stocks and see if I have necessary materials

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Now there is a thought!!

The 19mm restrictor which fitted in end of BOV return hose.

If I recall it was a welsh plug and I machined a hole (19mm) into it.

Will check stocks and see if I have necessary materials

Let me know, if I have to I could try jimmy something up - Going off what you said though a 19mm hole into a 19mm restrictor wouldn't work LOL. Maybe i'm not understanding :p

Slowing the pressure into a intake tube make any difference to the charger/blow off valve though?