Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Pipe ID is 31mm, so that's the object size and pop a 19mm hole through it - metal piece

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Pipe ID is 31mm, so that's the object size and pop a 19mm hole through it - metal piece

Ah gotcha, let me know how you go mate I'd love to try this out and see if it fixes the issue. Not sure how easy finding a 31mm welsh plug will be! How would it even stay in there? It's not rubber so it won't pop in like a grommet?

EDIT: Anyone have any idea of how to hide the wiring below the plug (with the dodgy zip ties around it)

Everything else is pretty much clean besides that..

20151129_165223.jpg

Last edited:

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
By incredible luck I found a washer that was 31mm OD, drilled the center out to 19mm and posted

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
You should be able to have some fun with BA, BF and FG XR6 drivers lol

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
By incredible luck I found a washer that was 31mm OD, drilled the center out to 19mm and posted

You should be able to have some fun with BA, BF and FG XR6 drivers lol

Haha cheers mate! Hopefully see it Thursday and will give you a bell to organise it in and tell you how it goes.

I dunno about that, I've been in an FG XR6 turbo and it was pretty quick, but that being said I was passenger not driver and it always feels different when you're not in control. Manual is definitely the way to go for these raptor kits though. If you wanted you could easily be spinning until 3rd gear 100kph if you were keen enough lol.

I'm interested how this will drive in the wet.. I used to take off on some slippery bits around my area at literally 1300-1500RPM and still slightly spun on take off so keeping off boost is going to be a mission

EDIT: Good to see my Xtreme clutch HD kit is holding the power too, no slippage as of yet! But definitely not dump launching either. I don't wanna break **** lol

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!

Just out of interest Tim, why did I need that restrictor? What causes the problem?

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Ford turbos are insane fast and the boost hits hard.

Are your coilpacks getting a proper ground ? they get temperamental when they arnt grounded properly

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Ford turbos are insane fast and the boost hits hard.

Are your coilpacks getting a proper ground ? they get temperamental when they arnt grounded properly

I don't think the coilpacks will have an issue mate - Car runs perfect why only stuff up when revs stop?

Yeah you're not wrong, this power is different. Ford puts it into the ground, this just spins. Need better tread :/

hurry up and book this bitch into the hallam dyno, i want to see what it pulls.

Not until this idle issue is solved, which is hopefully Thursday when i get post from Tim.

He sent me some heatwrap today and stuff for where it rubs on the extractors, good bloke.

FYI - Went for a drive this morning and it felt even more powerful lol, but i think it's hit it's peak now. Before from 1st to 2nd shifts, it would tramp heaps and not have enough power to spin, now if i shift quickly it'll fry up second as well as quick as first gear lol.

As above though, soon as idle is fixed, it'll get AFR's checked on a dyno.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Little boring update today, changed over the boost gauge sender (after getting the supplier to send me one, arguing saying my wiring is the issue when I know it wasn't, i checked it). Anyway, changed it over and it works perfectly.

FAIL SENDER ^^

In other slow news, had a loud squeel in my engine bay, ended up being the idler pulley that came with the charger kit - Losened it off a tiny bit and it stopped squeeking for now lol.

Liquid reservior for the charger cooling setup is leaking, will hopefully get to my Brother's in a day or so and fit an elbow for the filler and run a hose up so the expanding fluids don't run out the cap but instead they go up and down the line.

Lastly, tomorrow hopefully the washer turns up for the blow-off plumbing so this idle is fixed.

Once all that is fixed then I should literally have no more issues, besides tyres.