Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 VY S Manual Sedan!

R

Risky

I'll be looking at a VF II SS-V Sedan in Manual no doubt.

Car should be alright, it's got a slight tap noise at the top which i believe may be a failing lifter as it's very intermittent but it runs well.
Ordering a new PCM/ECU next week with reconditioned standard injectors so it can go back to factory tune and hopefully be good on fuel with the cleaned out injectors.

Before I sell it I'll rip out the headunit, leather(possibly) and diff and change them back considering doesn't matter how many mods you got on your car you don't get anything for them.

I figured you'd go for the last of the last. So would I, but I'm still debating whether I should or not.

I've seen guys around where I live thinking they'll make a small fortune by modding cheap VT's & VX's. One guy here modded a VX wagon which is slung to the ground, sounds like crap & body work that even wreckers wouldn't even keep on hand. It's easier to keep them or sell to someone you know.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
I'll be looking at a VF II SS-V Sedan in Manual no doubt.

Car should be alright, it's got a slight tap noise at the top which i believe may be a failing lifter as it's very intermittent but it runs well.
Ordering a new PCM/ECU next week with reconditioned standard injectors so it can go back to factory tune and hopefully be good on fuel with the cleaned out injectors.

Before I sell it I'll rip out the headunit, leather(possibly) and diff and change them back considering doesn't matter how many mods you got on your car you don't get anything for them.

wtf you buying reco injectors for, where are the ones you took out orignally and i dumped the ones from the current engine in the pile with the rest of the ****.

Buy some new o-rings and use the original ones.

as for the diff, well you can swap it with mine :p

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
wtf you buying reco injectors for, where are the ones you took out orignally and i dumped the ones from the current engine in the pile with the rest of the ****.

Buy some new o-rings and use the original ones.

as for the diff, well you can swap it with mine :p

I did use original but the thing is better/cleaner injectors do shitloads for fuel milage.

On that note, you still have my coil pack at your house.

Haha if you pull it out you can have it for $400. Only done 5000klms ;)

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Pity you had such a bad run with the motor, really about the worst story I have heard. Best of luck for the future

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Pity you had such a bad run with the motor, really about the worst story I have heard. Best of luck for the future

Ah well **** happens, if you can help me move along a second hand charger kit that'd be great :p?

Currently up for 3.5K with everything including PCM and new non-fitted Walbro 255L fuel pump, even extra hoses and random clamps/screws blahblah. Extr

Complete Ecotec VT VX VY VU Raptor Supercharger kit commodore | Other Parts & Accessories | Gumtree Australia Cardinia Area - Pakenham | 1107758446

Car has been sold, and currently rolling around in a VS Berlina Wagon until January for the VF.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Finally off P's in Jan I'm assuming?