Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 SV6 Fuel Consumption

BrockyFan05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6
Hi all,

I drive a 2005 SV6 upgrade model and are having trouble with the fuel consumption.

Regardless if I'm driving in the city or the freeway, I only seem to get about 430K's from a full tank. I'm sure this is not right? The car specs state that city driving should return 11.5 per 100. I'm not too car savvy and took it to my mechanic who said he couldn't do anything about it. I'm really sick of making these oil companies richer, so if anyone could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

ataylor2703

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Manual
Well i have a 06 Manual Sv6 and depending how i drive, i get preety close to 500k's and highway driving about 650ish.

But mine having a 6th gear may be helping?????

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Full tank meaning it runs out of fuel or you decide to fill it up? What are you getting in L/100 ks?

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
I tried taking a VZ wagon to Holden when there were obvious differences between a number of them we had. The thing to watch is the average stated and the tolerances. You may have been quoted 11.5 for a combined cycle (I get 11.09 in the Caprice combined with a slightly heavy foot) but a difference of 5% in either direction would give 10.93 - 12.08 as a potential range. Not sure what the official tolerances are, but I would monitor when it is filled, the distance travelled and work it from there. Don't trust the digital readout as the calibration is a bit of guess work - in some models you can recalibrate yourself.
The distance does sound low - I would expect from experience that you would get 500km minimum - how much fuel goes in and how large is the tank? The range to empty is wildly wrong in a number of cases also - depends on which way the Eindhoven is blowing....

adamcawood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i got a 2004 vz sv6 190 and im geting like 420-440 to a tank and that is full to the top till it is telling me fule low and ive got about 10 km left weather i drive it hard or take it easy prety much the same i drive half half hwy and in town dose that sound rite

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I have heaps of slopes where I make short trips in my VZ Calais and it goes from roughly 11ish (when just one flat roads) to 19L/100km when driving the slopes. I do have a heavy foot at most times but yeah its pretty crazy. I dont think Iv got a problem and its always been serviced regularly at NRMA and Holden

Edz_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
my vz sv6 used to to 10.8/100

but that was with a cai and cat back...

still.. cant complain

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
my 3.6 L Executive, unmodified, towing a trailer with a 300 kg motorcycle on top, on a long trip -
cruise control set at 111 kph, I got 610 km, without running out (took 72 litres at the servo, so it was close); and
the following day, a bit quicker, cruise control set at 133 kph, I got 460 km, and I ran out, bone dry (I had a jerry can with me).
That taught me a bit about VZ fuel economy !