Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 VZ SS ute, 1st v8

Rocking_along

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS ute
Hit the link below if you want to see a vid of the exhaust, doesn't sound as good on camera as it does in person though :/

Also Ill just leave this here:

IMG_4407_zps95957d53.jpg

VZ SS Ute diff dumpers - YouTube

Rocking_along

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS ute
Went down the 1/4 mile last weekend, doing 14s now
Best time slip of the day:

IMG_4419_zps6bc6a48a.jpg

Also put in a override switch to turn on my high speed cooling fans for when im idling in the pits,
did some messing around with the scan tool and my engine coolant sits around 92deg C which is operating temp then creeps up to about 96, low speed fans turn on and bring coolant temp back down to 92 then they shut off and this cycles.
Rather than this happening before I race the switch iv installed turns on my high speed fans when I want and keeps engine coolant at a constant 86deg C which is the point where the thermo starts to open so by the time I get to the staging line I switch them off and temp slowly rises and engine is pretty much at the same temp every run which makes me more consistent.
Also can sit on the burnout pad longer and not worry about my engine overheating haha

Rocking_along

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS ute
Well Yesterday was crap, some nice person hit my door :/

IMG105_zpsc78e8c36.jpg

Also Ute didn't make it to the drags, pulled over due to a loud knocking noise coming from the rear, and saw that a bolt from my half shalf has come off and the bracket which retains the bolts in pairs was smashing my brake line and lower shock mount with every rotation of the wheel. Some dude lent me an allen key on the side of the road so I tightened them up and went straight home slowly. All fixed now though, took them all out, cleaned, lock tight and put back in with a rattle gun.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon

Rocking_along

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS ute
It does but its not lol, Was parked in usual spot at work all day, there's just someone who cant drive for ****.

On the bright side im going into Protune next week to get a Mafless X-Air otr, custom tune and dyno. Just in time for Powercruise Taupo, cant wait!

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
It could be the vertical edge of a van door opened into yours.
Whatever its still **** to have happen.

Rocking_along

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS ute
It could be the vertical edge of a van door opened into yours.
Whatever its still **** to have happen.

Yeah, there's enough dents and crap on the body didn't need that one :/

ute looks nice mate, good to see you taking time to do things right! keep it up.
sucks about the door though :(

Thanks man

Rocking_along

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS ute
So got the Ute back from Protune with my new Mafless intake setup:

IMG_4439_zps7642cec9.jpg

Dyno sheet, now have 254rwkw:

IMG_4441_zps86b2172f.jpg

And I can now do brake burnouts since the ECU has been re mapped so as you can imagine I did one. I believe I'm not allowed to share the video or photo but here's what's left of my tyres haha:

IMG139_zpsa1b0725a.jpg

So got new tread and now pretty much all ready for Powercruise Taupo this weekend!