Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 VZ SS Ute OEM Number?

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
I'm just wondering where I can find the OEM number on the car? Just looking at a part online and looking to match the OEM number, cheers.

R

Risky

Your best bet is to go to Holden Spares with your VIN. The spares guys will tell you exactly what colour trim, seats etc that your car came with if you are after a part. Some part numbers have changed (as I've discovered with the centre console) & some parts don't exist with Holden anymore.

I don't know what part you are after as your question is vague.

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
Yeah they got the OEM and VIN numbers this morning for the steering wheel controls and electric window switches, just wanting to know the OEM number for the electric window switches that's all, $110 for the part, just the switches, was very surprised it cost that much, where you can get them online through NOS and wreckers for $30.

R

Risky

$110 part for an Aussie built car is cheap when you compare it to imported cars. I have a 4x4 & parts for that are astronomical. If you're keeping your costs down, try the wreckers. I don't know the Holden part number for the window switches. I did buy a new one for mine over a year ago from Holden but I can't find the paperwork for it. Sometimes a non-genuine part can be better than genuine.

I don't know whereabouts in SA you are but hit these guys up https://www.justcommodorespares.com.au/?make=1&model=1 as they can help you in parts that Holden don't have in stock anymore.

I did find this online Genuine Holden NEW Console 2 Button Window Switch Grey VY VZ Commodore UTE | eBay

VZSSHawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Ute
It's all right mate, I'll just run with the parts from Holden I think, they've been ordered anyway.