Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2005 VZ sv6 knocking noise?

vsMick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2
so is the link in the second post any good? New circlips, loctite and diff in car job sound pretty good as opposed to buying a new diff or paying for a recondition. I was wondering what that chuffing noise was when the car was rolling. I have only just started to notice it in the mornings when its quiet, intermittent at the moment, should I fix asap or can I wait a bit?

neilsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 04
Just recently my car has done 175.000km its a sv6 2004 and i have been starting to get a shudder in the rear of the car in 2nd or 3rd gear at increased acceleration at around 50km/hr...
it only happens apon hard acceleration but has a slight shudder apon smooth acceleration...
Is this a similar problem as above???

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Do you get the same shudder off the mark under hard acceleration like taking off up hill.
Could be either one of the tail shaft dohnuts or the tail shaft centre bearing is breaking (the rubber surround).
The centre bearing was very common in early commodores pre irs and the dohnuts being used at each end.
The problem being duscussed previously is actual clanking sound mainly attributed to backlash in the rear drive train.

NVMYVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz clubsport, 6L M6
sorry to thread dig, but didn't want to start a new thread as it's a mortal sin on this forum

My dif has just been rebuilt, LSD thrown to the wayside and an Eaton Tru trac put in in it's place, new driveshafts have been installed aswell and doughnuts and centre bearing inspected,, yet I am still getting this clunking, knocking noise coming from the rear end, wondered whether you guys had found what was causing your issues