Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 SSV Front Screen Issues & Check Engine Warning

SuperSport07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Commodore SSV
I recently purchased an 07 ssv with a Orssom Performance Cold Air Induction kit and had the engine check warning come up. I immediately took it into Holden and it came back with

P2272 - Signal Stuck Lean Bank 1 Sensor 2
P2272 - Signal Stuck Lean B2 Sensor

They checked the exhaust and the 02 sensors for damage and found nil. They cleared all the DTC's test drove and found the 02 sensor was ok. The next day the check engine warning came up again, the guy at Holden advised that i should take it to another place in town and get them to convert it to mafless and put a tune on it, now I would love to that eventually but would just like the engine warning to go away for now.

I have also been having an issue with the front screen, when the interior of the car warms up a little from being parked in the sun, the screen turns from red to pink, I want to pull the face off and check its not just contacts but am not quiet sure on how to do this.

Any help/advice on these 2 issues I'm having with the car would be greatly appreciated.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
this is what happens when you put otr on, mine took a while but same result, lean bank 1 & 2, needs a tuner to sort it out for you, whether it be a tune or touch up the afr (might just get a tune)

SuperSport07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Commodore SSV
this is what happens when you put otr on, mine took a while but same result, lean bank 1 & 2, needs a tuner to sort it out for you, whether it be a tune or touch up the afr (might just get a tune)

Ok thanks, I'll take it to a 'tuner' in town and see what they say, I don't wanna spend the grand of so going mafless/tune yet, just want the warning to go away.

jackasscraig

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ve r8
Whenever you performance mods, never take it to Holden as they haven't got a clue

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
Fitting a stock intake should clear up the codes, otherwise you will need to get a tune.
As for the screen, the electrical contacts on the radio fascia may not be sitting correctly.
Dont worry, its an easy fix, simply pull the fascia off, and refit.
(Its held in by 4 clips, and takes a bit of effort to pull off).

The easiest way is to pull the base of the fascia outwards to disengage the bottom clips, then pull to disengage the top clips.

Hope this helps

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
I run a maf tune, so no need to go mafless, not sure where you are but tune prices vary, checkout sponsors as they may be near you

SuperSport07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Commodore SSV
Fitting a stock intake should clear up the codes, otherwise you will need to get a tune.
As for the screen, the electrical contacts on the radio fascia may not be sitting correctly.
Dont worry, its an easy fix, simply pull the fascia off, and refit.
(Its held in by 4 clips, and takes a bit of effort to pull off).

The easiest way is to pull the base of the fascia outwards to disengage the bottom clips, then pull to disengage the top clips.

Hope this helps

So you just grab the hole thing by the bottom and pull it towards yourself? Is there anyway to disengage the clips from the back or something? I've been trying but its not budging.

EDIT: Finally got it off, cleaned the contacts, seems to be functioning properly now. Helped a lot, thank you greatly.

I run a maf tune, so no need to go mafless, not sure where you are but tune prices vary, checkout sponsors as they may be near you

I'm in Bundaberg Qld

Last edited:

SuperSport07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Commodore SSV
The screen has worked properly ever since I took Zerone_V advice, very great full. I took it to the tuning place in town, they told me $146 to stop the light coming on, but they also said that wouldn't fix the problem of it running lean, quoted $800 for a tune, same price for maf or mafless. My question now is does running lean damage the engine? Don't know how urgent I should get this done.

SuperSport07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Commodore SSV
Anyone? does running lean cause engine damage? Check engine warning tends to keep coming up in 1st, its really annoying. Any thoughts on Maf vs Mafless tune?