Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Commodore - more O2 sensor codes

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
The problem is that most autosparkies and nearly all mechanics can not correctly go through modern diagnostic process.

This will only be resolved by skilled technician with the use of an oscilloscope to see what the data is doing and trace where it is going wrong.

The Alloytec based Commodores have long had issues with cheap o2 sensors. Bosch everytime. They were used by the factory and they should be continued to be used. Watch perceived problems disappear.
Yes people want to buy cheap Chinese sensors of Ebay and wonder why **** don't work and no one wants to pay $200 an hour for diagnosis so we are at an impasse.

China_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
Hi All,

It looks like I'm another victim of the dreaded O2 sensor saga on the VE.

Multiple trips to mechanics with little joy - ie check engine light reappears after a day or two.

In summary I have:

P0137 O2 sensor circuit low Voltage B1 S2
P0157 O2 sensor circuit low Voltage B2 S2
P2270 O2 Sensor signal stuck lean B1 S2
P2272 O2 Sensor signal stuck lean B2 S2

What's interesting is we replaced the B1 S2 O2 sensor and we're still getting the same codes, albeit a day after leaving the mechanics.

I'm guessing the mechanic looked at the harness but to me this seems weird that all rear sensors are throwing these codes, even after we changed one.

Anyone got any ideas on where to look next?

Thanks in advance.
HI,

I had P0171 and P0174 fault codes system lean bank 1 and system lean bank 2 on a VF SV6 advised to run 98 for 2 full tanks as petrol may have been the cause and if engine fault light still on replace oxygen sensors, filled up tank with 98 drove it for a day engine fault light still on. Next day fault light still on so I checked the fuses they looked OK just brown on contacts but I replaced three ( engine control module, ECM V6 INJ / IGN, engine control module IGN ) started engine, No fault light don't know which one fixed it but you might won't to replace yours.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
HI,

I had P0171 and P0174 fault codes system lean bank 1 and system lean bank 2 on a VF SV6 advised to run 98 for 2 full tanks as petrol may have been the cause and if engine fault light still on replace oxygen sensors, filled up tank with 98 drove it for a day engine fault light still on. Next day fault light still on so I checked the fuses they looked OK just brown on contacts but I replaced three ( engine control module, ECM V6 INJ / IGN, engine control module IGN ) started engine, No fault light don't know which one fixed it but you might won't to replace yours.
when you disconnected your ECM fuse
you removed power to the ECM which cleared the codes and reset your trims
fault may come back after a couple of drive cycles

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
HI,

So you basically disconnected the battery by pulling and replacing those fuses!
So it would have been simpler to take off the negative battery terminal for a minute or two to reset the system :)

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
when you disconnected your ECM fuse
you removed power to the ECM which cleared the codes and reset your trims
fault may come back after a couple of drive cycles
Beat me by this much