Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 Monaro?

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
Holden might have a major lawsuit if this goes ahead. Think of the people that bought the CV8-Z monaro's thinking they were the last models...

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
INSINR8R said:
Holden might have a major lawsuit if this goes ahead. Think of the people that bought the CV8-Z monaro's thinking they were the last models...

Nope, They were the last of that style monaro. I still think there wont be a monaro for some reason, I still have an inkling that there will be torana comming out.. Ya never know :) The 2 best holden's ever made in my opinion. Why not rebirth it. A 2007 Model SLR 6000 (6ltr) hehe wouldn't that rock...

Cheers
MaT

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
HoZy said:
I still have an inkling that there will be torana comming out.. Ya never know :) The 2 best holden's ever made in my opinion. Why not rebirth it. A 2007 Model SLR 6000 (6ltr) hehe wouldn't that rock...

Cheers
MaT

Ooooh yeah! Also an "XU-1" with twin turbo @ 260kw.. damnit now I'm all excited.. I think it'll be a Commodore hatchback (possible wagon replacement if it goes well), if it is it'll need to lose some kilos though

As for the article.. I don't think there will be a 2008 GTO, and if there is it won't have anything to do with a Monaro (don't think they'll make another) IMO because GM's losing so much money I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing the higher end performance cars imported from America and the Commodore still as a family car, I mean this VE.. it's got NO racing roots at all (stupid project blueprint on V8s)

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i read an article saying holden designers were working on the 2008 concept camaro that could also be a platform for the new monaro

08-CAMARO-FR-ATOMICSHARK.jpg

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Lawsuit

INSINR8R said:

I don't think there would be any grounds for a lawsuit as Holden were very careful in their statements about the Monaro.
Holden stated that "this was the last of the current model Monaro ever to be produced".
Didn't actually say that the Monaro would not be produced again, only the media made this claim.
After a break deemed suitable by Holden I believe we will see another in a couple of years (after the SLR 6000).

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
don't like the look of that camaro. I think Holden should bring out that Twin Turbo Torana, everyone raved about how good it was.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Someones had a play with that camaro. I liked the other image better.

010114513508200.jpg

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Playing

I had a play (not good at it though).

Attachments

• 010114513508200.jpg
    010114513508200.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 269