Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 Ve ss battery problem

Jaygee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss commodore 2008
hey guys,
After searching and reading almost every post there is about them battery problems I'm abit stuck on what my car is doing!

My ride is a 08 ss commodore. Completely stock standard, after a long week of driving the car has sat in my garadge for 4 stright days, tried to start her up but it was completely dead (read the usual issues airbag, break , abs) car would not even crank. Gave her a jump start and she took about 5 mins to start up. Battery charge was reading 21.0%
The following morning the battery charge reads 0.00% but car still started fine?

Decided to take the battery out and give I think a full proper charge on the calcium charger my bro has, put the battery back in, car starts fine but in engineer mode batter charge still readable 0.00% . I left it to run for 5mins and it now reads 0.03% charge???? Have no idea what to do or if I should try take the risk and drive it and have a dead car when I decided to go home?
I tried to locate the battery save sensor but there are about 5 clips near the battery and have no idea what is what.
Any help and advice would be really great guys hope to hear back soon as I am stuck home and have no clue what to do
(Is my battery dead and needs to be replaced?)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
because the battery has died the charging algorithm will have been reset too so it has to re evaluate whats going on so the % may be odd for a while, if it has died id just replace it so u know its good then it may take a week for it to get to normal state again

Jaygee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss commodore 2008
because the battery has died the charging algorithm will have been reset too so it has to re evaluate whats going on so the % may be odd for a while, if it has died id just replace it so u know its good then it may take a week for it to get to normal state again

Thanks for the reply! It may take a while as the ss is my weekend car mostly

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Is that battery original? I had an 09 SV6 that I bought in 2011 and traded it on an 09 SS in December 2014. I never changed the SV6 battery and I think my SS battery is original. With the car coming up to 8 years old that's the best I've ever had from a battery (at least if it original). My SS doesn't get used much as I don't use it weekdays either. I've also have my VX Clubby, also a weekender, I've had I think 5 batteries in the Clubby in the 10 years that I've had it, a while back I bought a CTek charger hoping to get better life out of the VX battery, it remains to be seen if that helps.

Jaygee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve ss commodore 2008
Is that battery original?

Nah the batter is a nrma good to go battery (Calcium) iceberg only had the car for about 3 months now I'm the second owner and it has 129k on it , I'll be driving it today and tommorow to see if the battery charge fixes it self up other wise might have to invest in a new battery, do you reccomended the same one that you got?

Xplaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV
It will fix itself up after a while. I thought the same thing when I put a new battery in.