Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2008 VE SSV Sportswagons Rubbish

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
We just took delivery of 2 brand new SSV sportswagons at work here both exactly the same, and what a pile of rubbish they are, yes sure they've got some great features but god damnit they haven't fixed any of the usual holden problems with the body, none of the lines are even, the bonnet overhangs by about 20mm, the rear bumpers corners(by the rear wheel) finish about an inch before the guard finishes, the interiors are almost as cheap plastic as my mums honda civic :whistling

I know it sounds like a bit of a whinge, but hey i'm always 1st to say how great holdens are and love all models, but I feel the VE is a bit of a downfall, considering when I went to the launch they went on and on about how holden have fixed the alignment issue etc.

all the other things on the car are cool, like engine stereo electrics etc, its mainly the cheap plastic looking interior and they mis aligned panels/bumpers that I don't think should be ok on a Brand New car, now I know I can't tell them to make nice interiors like they used to, but come on at least align the bloody body.

If anyone wants pictures of these I can take them, of both cars as they both suffer these problems.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Please do take the pics. I have said on this forum before that quality lets the aussie car makers down and I got yelled down. There is plenty of proof on this forum and others that Holden and Ford should be looking at to improve their cars.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
I agree about the plain interior on the SS.. post up some pics !

But it's not all Holden's i think it might be certain runs that go through the plant and get stuffed up..

My car has none of the issues above so it cant be all of them...

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
done, its a bit hard to see how bad it is in the photos but ya get the picture, as i say these cars a virtually a week old, ones got 300kms on it the others got 130kms on it. lines up about as good as my VP LOL

Attachments

• 10-12-08_1034.jpg
    10-12-08_1034.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 920
  • 10-12-08_1035.jpg
    10-12-08_1035.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 913
  • 10-12-08_1036.jpg
    10-12-08_1036.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 870
  • 10-12-08_1037.jpg
    10-12-08_1037.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 765
  • 10-12-08_1038.jpg
    10-12-08_1038.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 788
  • 10-12-08_1039.jpg
    10-12-08_1039.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 876

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I agree about the plain interior on the SS.. post up some pics !

But it's not all Holden's i think it might be certain runs that go through the plant and get stuffed up..

My car has none of the issues above so it cant be all of them...

true and me in saying that these are both the same, well i'd be pretty sure these two cars were on the same run in the plant. People may say im being picky but sh*t after listening to the holden lords for 4 hours telling us how these new VE's (back in 06) were going to be the bee's knee's you'd hope they had fixed the problems.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
We just took delivery of 2 brand new SSV sportswagons at work here both exactly the same, and what a pile of rubbish they are, yes sure they've got some great features but god damnit they haven't fixed any of the usual holden problems with the body, none of the lines are even, the bonnet overhangs by about 20mm, the rear bumpers corners(by the rear wheel) finish about an inch before the guard finishes, the interiors are almost as cheap plastic as my mums honda civic :whistling

I know it sounds like a bit of a whinge, but hey i'm always 1st to say how great holdens are and love all models, but I feel the VE is a bit of a downfall, considering when I went to the launch they went on and on about how holden have fixed the alignment issue etc.

all the other things on the car are cool, like engine stereo electrics etc, its mainly the cheap plastic looking interior and they mis aligned panels/bumpers that I don't think should be ok on a Brand New car, now I know I can't tell them to make nice interiors like they used to, but come on at least align the bloody body.

If anyone wants pictures of these I can take them, of both cars as they both suffer these problems.

I'd have a bitch to the dealer about it. Mine were sedans but the fit and finish was way better than that. Any chance the cars have had a bit of a biff and have been repaired???

Reaper

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I'd have a bitch to the dealer about it. Mine were sedans but the fit and finish was way better than that. Any chance the cars have had a bit of a biff and have been repaired???

Reaper

Nope, 100% not driven before we got them, unless they crashed both of them into each other at say 21km on the odometer, plus where the alignment issues are is on both sides of the car and the front.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I'm with Reaper. Had two VE sedans now and been nothing but happy. None of those aligment issues.

I'd be taking the car back to the dealer and getting another one!

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I'm with Reaper. Had two VE sedans now and been nothing but happy. None of those aligment issues.

I'd be taking the car back to the dealer and getting another one!

or 2 because they're both as average as each other, So i'm quite right with not being happy with this? I can't do bugger all about it because they're my work cars so ill let my boss know.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Nope, 100% not driven before we got them, unless they crashed both of them into each other at say 21km on the odometer.

hahaha dumber things have happened in the past. Even so, I'd talk to the dealer about it in the first instance. Those pics look pretty bad to me.

Reaper