Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2011 Holden VE Berlina Auto stuck in first gear

CoconutJoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Hey guys, my Holden has been sitting in the garage for a few months (have been starting it and running the engine for 15-20 mins every couple of weeks). I jump started it the other day to take it for a drive but as I was going down the road it was like it was stuck in first gear. When it felt like it was going to change gears the car sort of jumped and then it revs out. Is this a transmission issue? Before the car was sitting in the garage, I drove it from Vic to QLD after a general service with no major issues (just an ABS/traction control error code - which is another story ) Just curious as to what could of happened with the car just sitting there doing nothing for a while.

Cheers

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Can you shift gears manually using the shift lever? What engine? What gearbox?

The item below is from 4L60e Common Problems and may have some relevance for your issue. Not sure that the xmember comment is relevant for a VE.

5. Trans does not upshift out of first, speedometer reads zero at all times: Vehicle Speed Sensor failure. Easy fix on rear of transmission, but xmember must come out to access VSS.