Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 SSV - water damaged seat

mwalms_83

Reaction score
Members Ride
R33 Gts25t
Hi,

Devastated to return home after the weekend and find a window open 2 inches..

Drivers (leather) door is well soaked and carpets. The foam feels pretty soft and weak.

Any ideas whether this will ultimately be ok once it dries or should I realistically bite the bullet and replace the seat and carpet? I can only assume this will be a very expensive exercise. Brand new car. Devastated.

Cheers

Alex05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
I had the same thing happen to an old car. Window was broken into then it rained. Everything got soaked. I dried everything with towels and a heat gun. Foams became hard then started to rot after a while. Also had a mildew stench for ages. Ended up buying the whole interior from a wreck.

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
When it comes to leather,DO NOT FORCE DRY such as a heat gun,electric heater,hair dryer,or sit it in front of a combustion heater,etc etc etc.Let it air dry naturally.If youve ever dried a pair of leather desert boots after they have been wet you know how hard and dried out the leather becomes

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
My window leaded in my ute and wrecked the carpet, amps and seat, i had to drive the car home while it was still wet the leather is all creased and foam is stuffed, if you can flog it off under warranty i would im about to

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
My window leaded in my ute and wrecked the carpet, amps and seat, i had to drive the car home while it was still wet the leather is all creased and foam is stuffed, if you can flog it off under warranty i would im about to

I didn't think the warranty covered negligence?

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
Insurance gets my vote... Would hate to see what a leather electric seat would go for new, not to mention the carpet & installation costs.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

mwalms_83

Reaction score
Members Ride
R33 Gts25t
yep i am fully insured. It seems ok and doesn't smell.

Regardless I think i will claim this on insurance.