Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2012 VE Ute Springs

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
I have new springs coming next week, Ive searched a bit but would like some more up to date info on swaping out spings please.
Front and back to lower ute a little, im using same shockies.
I have 2012 VE SSV Redline Ute.
Any pictures and help appreciated, Ill even tell all the girls in West Dubbo about you;)

thunder828

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z Series My12.5
I would also like to know this as I have a 12.5 SSV Z Ute and I would like to lower but haven't yet cause a bit unsure of fitment.

swingn_wasabi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SS-V Redline Ute
I have new springs coming next week, Ive searched a bit but would like some more up to date info on swaping out spings please.
Any pictures and help appreciated, Ill even tell all the girls in West Dubbo about you;)

What springs did you land up going for?

Haven't done a great deal of research myself, but depending on the costs I wouldn't mind investigating dropping mine a bit.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
I have purchased some king springs from GSL Rally Sport, they are a forum sponsor.
Just tell them what you want to achieve and they sort it.

Im only going 30mm lower cost is $300 delivered.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
The whole strut will need to be removed to get the spring out as they are coil overs.
Make sure you mark then when you pull em out, or get a wheel alignment.
I put peddlers grey springs in my Ute and the ride is defenantly harder.
A Ute almost wouldn't look lowered in the back with 30mm but it's up to you wether or not you want to scrap on things and have to go fully sick side ways over every bump and steep driveway ect. ..

MATTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE
I went with Pedders Sportsryders in mine, gives it a great stance and doesn't scrape with a stock exhaust. Heres a pic when the std wheels were on.

SSstockrims.jpg

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997

These are 2 good threads to read on springs and shocks. I suggest you book mark them. Somewhere in here you will find what you are after. Others should find this useful also.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-holden-commodore-2006/152423-king-springs-ves.html
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...8734-ve-lowering-standard-springs-shocks.html