Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

202 to RB30 In a VH Commodore

frenchyvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
Gday guys,

Basically for the next 2 and a half months I haven't got a license, a car or even an asset to my name for whatever reasons. Doesn't mean I can't start planning for the future! I'm going to by another H but this time slot an rb30 and manual box straight into it. Done a heap of searching and I understand the conversion but most people seem to convert the whole dash and cluster. I'd like to keep the VH dash and interior and wonder what's involved to get my original speedometer, temp gauge and fuel gauge working? Also whether I'd need to run and modify the VH and VL loom together to make everything work or if there's another way?

Anyone who's done the conversion or has seen it done your words of wisdom appreciated,

Cheers,

FrenchyVH

TUF UTE

Dave
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SENATOR
speedo will be the same... they are both mechanical speedos

frenchyvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLX
same connection as well? i suppose the main thing i was hoping for was a better idea of how the wiring for the motor is done. i.e where to mount computer and loom, where to power it from, how should i go about calibrating the computer to do certain things and not others which the vh won't require??