Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

208 rwkw - thoughts?

VE_Cal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Hey guys thought I'd share my recent mods i have a 6ltr and recently fitted a VCM OTR and 3" Xforce cat back. Really happy with the note from the exhaust and she is really nice to drive. Only let down was 208 at the wheels.

Just wanted to get everyones thoughts on the reading.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Has it been tuned? Piss poor if tuned, otherwise that's about right. You really need it remapped to a) remove the factory emissions happy detune and b) set it up for your mods. I've got around 265rwkw out of my 6L with a VCM OTR, 1 7/8 headers, 200 cell cats and a twin 3". You'd expect a bit less out of an auto and a bit of variance between dynos but I'd really expect 250rwkw as a minimum (I also have a 5.7 auto and it's around 230rwkw).

VE_Cal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Yep that's with a custom tune.

Really disappointed.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Different dynos etc but that's what my VZ put down with a catback, MCAI and a tune.....

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
what was it before the tune tho..? it dosnt matter what the number is as long as its roughly the same gain everyone gets, could be a low reading dyno which means u start lower and end lower but the gain is usually the same

VE_Cal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Only reading I got was the 208, doesn't show a pre tune reading on the print out.

Took her for a drive last night and she is running so much smoother (she's an auto).

They had a VF Calais 6 ltr there and that got 236 rwkw which had headers, 2.5" exhuast and an OTR.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
I'd be taking it back

I achieved 270rwkw with a tune on my 6L with a VCM OTR, 1 n 3/4 4-1 headers, 2x 200 cell cats backed up to a 2.5" catback (all difilippo)

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Ok, so first. I wouldnt let Oz Track touch my Ride On Mower.

Second, lets take all the talk of "My car got X" and throw it in the bin, because its meaningless. Your car couldve got 60000rwkw. Noone gives a ****. Different car, different dynos.

They had a VF Calais 6 ltr there and that got 236 rwkw which had headers, 2.5" exhuast and an OTR.

Sounds like their Dyno is incredibly conservative.

As someone said above, the only reading that matters is the before and after because it shows (assuming they strapped the car down the same). Some shops dont offer both. I know mine didnt unless I asked for it and I simply didnt care.

Typically, a tuned Auto with Full Exhaust usually pulls around 250-260. No headers and on a VERY conservative dyno, your figure doesnt seem that unbelievable based off the VF.

Does the car feel different to drive? Yes/No?

Do you care about the fancy number? Yes/No?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Take it to the strip and see what trap speed it runs. Then you will know if its making correct power.