Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

250.2kw ATW

ronnny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SS Ute
Yes about 178kph on the chart your engine gets 250rwkw @ 4827rpm then dives. That's noticably under a typical curve mate, is what I was saying earlier. Could be a rich torque tune but something is holding it back? Your mods should help breathe and rev better with more timing, especially because you had it filled it with ethanol.
Bog stock your engine peaks at 5300 - 500rpm higher than it is now with the high flow mods?! I realise you don't care about the $ / kw, so I don't mean to sound bossy.
However if ever you find the need for speed again first thing is to check the AFRs and timing as I think there's more in it with more attention to timing and fueling. Same mods and my auto made better - almost twice your gain when you factor in the slushie.

Ok i see what you mean. Well i have to go back in a few days because it seems to be idling high. Not all the time but for instance if i pop the gears into neutral with the clutch out and let it roll along at say 40-50kmh coming to a stop, (if i see a red light ahead) the revs will creep up to 1400 and once stopped will go back down to normal.

Any ideas on that? As i said, only when rolling in neutral with the clutch out. Wont do it if i hold the clutch in

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Any ideas on that? As i said, only when rolling in neutral with the clutch out. Wont do it if i hold the clutch in

CFCO - clutch fuel cutoff seems fine, DFCO - deceleration fuel cutoff value may be incorrect. Under normal conditions the computer leans out the a/f mixture when you let off the gas, in this case raising revs until VSS preset value. Try 284 as DFCO.
I suspect this is also skewing the numbers gathered for tuning the MAF table at part throttle...

ronnny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SS Ute
CFCO - clutch fuel cutoff seems fine, DFCO - deceleration fuel cutoff value may be incorrect. Under normal conditions the computer leans out the a/f mixture when you let off the gas, in this case raising revs until VSS preset value. Try 284 as DFCO.
I suspect this is also skewing the numbers gathered for tuning the MAF table at part throttle...

Might be a dumb question but how do you know what revs my car was doing with no rpm collumn? On the graph its kw, kph, nm

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Might be a dumb question but how do you know what revs my car was doing with no rpm collumn? On the graph its kw, kph, nm

Not dumb, http://www.osella.com.au/gear-ratios.htm VE SS ute Manual in 4th gear.
178kph x 1:1 gearbox ratio in 4th, with a 3.45 diff, assuming standard VE SS II wheel and tyre combo that has 678.6mm circumference.
ze9e6a7a.jpg

ronnny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SS Ute
Do they always do the dyno's in 4th? I really feel like ringing them now and talking about that

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Yes usually but your chart can't be any other gear. If it was done in third then it would be revving 300rpm past redline (nigh impossible with L77 std AFM valve train).

crazywog

XR6 TURBO KING
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 TURBO she needs a tissue achoo
i know this is an old post but check out all sparks performance there really good with tuning cars.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Mate the 250rwkw is likely alright, just not in the upper spectrum of performance tune (I suspect no SD tune was done), not where you wanted or expected it to be given you were after a flex fuel tune that optimised power up top to suit your free-flow mods.
What it appears from the chart is that versus stock say L77 M6 225rwkw @ 5300rpm, plus bolt-ons say 15rwkw untuned is 240rwkw before tune.
After tune the power at 5300 remains the same but power now spikes 500rpm less. Point out this seems at odds with the requested tune to suit high flow mods and ethanol?
Also mention there appears to be a problem with MAF tables on part throttle and fueling on deceleration.

ronnny

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SS Ute
Yepp will do. Im going back in this thursday so il let you know how everything goes

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
From my own tuning experience, otr with some sort of exhaust and half decent tuning should on average move the peak torque band forward approx 200rpm on the ve ss, and depending on your tuner and the tune, the peak power should be around 5500-5800rpm on a pretty standard setup.... BUT!

I have seen some of these tunes the tuners do and franky they are nothing special....... some dont even do VE because just doing MAF smoothes shifts, improves economy and VE just takes too long.

I run a fair bit more timing on my SS........ I have it set smack bang on a safe 300kw @ the engine, however it will make 315 if pushed in the tune. You can actually cram in a bit of timing right at end where it looses efficiency and lean the fuel out a tad to make that extra bit of power.

I am gunna have mine dyno'd shortly, i suspect 250kw is about right tho on average...... it's hard to predict all the loss you get in any car through the transmission etc.

A drag strip as they say is where you find out what a car really is made of.......... dyno's mean S***

0-100 ......... 4.9 no torque launch ecu timed and monitored not youtubed! Managing epic throttle power and grip is like juggling with a ss........ no point having 250kw atw if the moment you touch the throttle the wheels spin and you loose a second on take off........ even a half decent wrx with a few mods will kill you off a set of lights