Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

250kW VF SV6 .......... now there are two

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
First post strike

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Must say from that driving video I'm genuinely (pleasantly) surprised by the exhaust note too, not really sure how to describe it but it doesn't sound bad.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
It sounds fantastic IMO

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Sounds bloody horn, like a real performance 6 cylinder should. The dyno graph shows some good increases in power/torque thoughout the rev range which is impressive. I would miss not having my 500nm of torque at 2000rpm though :p

Last edited:

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
The car idles smooth, no officer in Australia would or could pick the car as having cams fitted, a case of smooth running vs smooth running.

The car is entirely drive-able and accessing the extra power in your daily drive is as simple as opening the throttle/depressing accelerator.

Having a very much extended rev range really helps a V6 stay in the game, less gear changes between any 2 speed points is real handy :)

And yes, many thanks to the owner for allowing me a drive of this vehicle and give it some beans :)

torana355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES 2 MY11 SSV A6 in IVY GREEN
Its a very good price to get it done to at $3600. If i had an SV6 i would be first in line to get these cams installed.

Danthuyer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6
The car idles smooth, no officer in Australia would or could pick the car as having cams fitted, a case of smooth running vs smooth running.

The car is entirely drive-able and accessing the extra power in your daily drive is as simple as opening the throttle/depressing accelerator.

Having a very much extended rev range really helps a V6 stay in the game, less gear changes between any 2 speed points is real handy :)

And yes, many thanks to the owner for allowing me a drive of this vehicle and give it some beans :)

It's been tweaked a little more since you have driven it and the delivery of power is even better !

It's still a pig when cold but the new custom clutch and flywheel package works very well and it hooks up amazingly and revs even smoother now ;) and with a single mass fly snappier response than before !

And the v-tech is still there but makes it more manageable down low but it's still very very easy to creep over 60

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
How do you think these mods would go on the auto version?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Just awesome. I want one!