Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

253 blue manifold

T

toeragg

just wondering if blue motor manifold is same as red motor and will it bolt straight on or is it different

Bakes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII Ute
Yes it will bolt straight up, but the two manifolds are a bit different.

The red manifold is a two barrel type, and the blue manifolds are the same as the 308's, being four barrel manifolds.

YellowVH

Reaction score
Members Ride
Its to embarrasing!
ah thats why they are different... i got annoyed cause i wanted to use the carby adapter plate off my vb on the vh but yeah. totally different..

Freddy510

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden V8 Hilux, VP V6 Hilux, VT V6 Hiace.
Also the "blue" manifold has EGR ports and the "red" has none. On the blue manifold there is two bolts in the middle of the side of the manifold and the red motor has only one bolt each side. If you use a blue mainfold simply drill a hole in the bkue manifold between the two straight thru the egr port in the manifold. Glue a couple of manifold bolts with most of the thread and shank cut off intop the unused holes to neaten and stop crap getting getting in there and your in business. It works because I have done it on a motor I have used for years in a tow car.
Best bet though is to do as Silver says and shout yourself an Edelbrock Performer. You will be impressed with the difference it makes.
Freddy