Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3 new guages to brighten up ur commo interior

vpdood

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp berlina
well it all started when i got really bored one day and decided to spice up my interior.

yesterday i installed 3 guages into the pocket infront of ur gears(under your stereo deck) i put in a oil presssure guage, volt meter and water temp gauage. one of the simplest enhancements to the interior i think you could possibly do, and it looks awesome! i only have one complaint about it and thats, i got no where to put my sunnies when im not wearing them no more, i guess there going in the console now.

has anyone else done this before, what do you think?? i will upload some pics when i figure out how too.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Yeah i've seen it in a few cars...Im planning on installing an Apexi RSM in that same place that flips up and down so that I can still use the space and the RSM can also then be used as like a door. I just needa save for an Apexi RSM first lol.

Did you use the metallic backing? Or what sort of setup did you use to fill in the space around the guages?

p.s. good choice in guages. Oil pressure is suprisingly useful... :thumbsup:

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ STATESMAN SV90 VQ CAPRICE WL CAPRICE
yeah it does look good with the gauges in the pocket. i wanted to be a little different and installed some cup holders out of a pulsar in that spot. my gauges i put where the ash tray usually is.

STATO742a.jpg

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
Plan on installing 3 in that spot aswell, Dont like dash or on the bonnet pillar is a bit to try hard..

Hidden is the place to be :D

vpdood

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp berlina
i just used a peice of acrylic and cut 3 holes in it, glued it in place and filled in the gaps with car body filler(easy to work with) then painted it. not my best work but still a nice touch to say the least.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
THE STATESMAN said:
yeah it does look good with the gauges in the pocket. i wanted to be a little different and installed some cup holders out of a pulsar in that spot. my gauges i put where the ash tray usually is.

I installed 2 guages where the ash tray is as well, but using fibreglass instead.

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I installed 2 guages where the ash tray is as well, but using fibreglass instead.

i did use fiberglass its tilted a little on an angle towards the driver :yeah:

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
i just used a peice of acrylic and cut 3 holes in it, glued it in place and filled in the gaps with car body filler(easy to work with) then painted it. not my best work but still a nice touch to say the least.

little job makes a big difference to the feel of the interior :)

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
i covered it in leather so i could have used bog as you dont see it anyway. fiberglass is stronger though thats why i used it and it is a wonderful tool :yeah: