Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Deep exhaust rumble?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
single 3" for deeeeep and loud
i have a vid or 2 of twin 2.5s with balance pipe (a must if running efi bananas with twins)
we run stock 4 into 1 headers but we cut the collector off and opened up the ends of the primary pipes as factory they are squashed into triangles at the collector end.we made them all round and fitted new pressed steel collectors that were 20 odd bucks each it helped flow tremendously LOL no cats just 2.5" pipes with cheap superturbo centre-offset chambered glass packs.without the balance pipe it idled loud and all the sparkplugs were different colours after tuning on the street.fitted the 2.25 i think it is or maybe its 2" its been a while balance pipe into the exhaust on each side where the hot spots on the pipes were from sound and pressure waves hitting each other and impeeding flow.idle was instantly quieter by a lot more torque and even coloured spark plugs all round.a single 3 off a decient y-pipe will be ok for even plug colours.single 3" has allways been the exhaust most exhaust shops would recommend and fit on a 308 over here since day dot of the engine being hotted up.with the serious power people can get out of one nowdays and the strokers etc twin 3's is not unheard of for big power hitters

Last edited by a moderator:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
and a rev :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride