Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 fuel pressure regulator/MAP sensor

DrownInMilo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr statesman
Hey guys, not long put a vt 5l in my vr, I’m aware of a few minor differences so far but I haven’t been able to find the vac line for the MAP sensor so I’ve got it hooked up to what I now know to be the fuel pressure reg vac line which brings me to my next question, the bloke I bought the motor off must’ve removed it so will the reg off my vr head bolt right up or does the vt 5l have a diff setup which would make me switch to vr heads, any info much appreciated

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The VT motor used a MAF based engine management system and had no provision for a MAP sensor. The VT intake manifold also won't have the provision for a MAT (manifold air temp) sensor which you will need. I believe the fuel regs will be the same so just use your VR one.

It would probably be easiest to swap over the intake manifold from your old motor to the new one so everything you need is where it should be.

DrownInMilo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr statesman
The VT motor used a MAF based engine management system and had no provision for a MAP sensor. The VT intake manifold also won't have the provision for a MAT (manifold air temp) sensor which you will need. I believe the fuel regs will be the same so just use your VR one.

It would probably be easiest to swap over the intake manifold from your old motor to the new one so everything you need is where it should be.
Yea thought as much, the front of the manifold I noticed is also missing something the vr one has, cheers for the advice

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
You're supposed to swap over vt intake & sequential dissy setup over to vr intake & dissy setup for several reasons.

Wiring,plugs & hoses etc are different way too much hassle to make it work.