Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

35 Litres to fill up a Commodore?

SIXAPPEAL

Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD Kitted VX on 20's
Well I just went to Holden, the guy plugged in Tech 2 and calobrated that part of the dash and upgraded the latest software to it, it's still saying 750km's til empty, which is quite high, but they did it for nothing, I'll see how it goes.

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
I've STILL got to check if my car would be covered under warranty as the sender is screwed. Who would I call? A local Holden dealer?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Yep... Tell em about the recall on the fuel pump or fuel pump module.. They should fix you up..

vt_hsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS HBD
My cars the same even when the lights on i can only put $50 worth of fuel in and it tells me ive got 490km till empty ive all ways thought i had a small tank.

C

clubbie_50

Weird my thirsty girl drinks up a hefty $100 a tank.
Have heard of some cars eg falcons (rubbish) use a smaller tank when there fitted with dual fuel to allow extra space when gas tanks stored under car next to petrol tank. My mum has a EL and its setup that way, not sure if holden do that but like what people say there must be a problem with your sender.
Its easy to damage them it happens when people pull out fuel pumps when they die they can be a pain to get out and in and its easy to bend the float rod. It sounds like when ya car beeps low it still has a fair bit of juice still in it. My first vt1 was dodgy didnt know what it was doing would get to a 1/4 then drop to E.Good luck with it mate

YamahasRsweet

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt s pac
I kinda got the same problem. I got a Vt series 1 and after I fill up the fuel light stays on till 3/4 full but does not chime. When i got it a year ago it started to do it for a couple of months then went away till a couple of weeks ago. What could be wrong and how could it be fixed?

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Sensors don't last forever,as for the clicking at the pump,the pressure created by fuel delivery creates back pressure.Throwing petrol back up the pipe causing it to stop(click)at the bowser,this is common and does't mean your car is full.You should have a knowledge of this and ,judging by how much fuel was in it before hand ,be able to tell how much it would cost to fill.Seems like a no brainer to me.

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
beeks said:
Sensors don't last forever,as for the clicking at the pump,the pressure created by fuel delivery creates back pressure.Throwing petrol back up the pipe causing it to stop(click)at the bowser,this is common and does't mean your car is full.You should have a knowledge of this and ,judging by how much fuel was in it before hand ,be able to tell how much it would cost to fill.Seems like a no brainer to me.

yeh sometimes ya get a dodgy bowser and it will constantly click, ive found if you turn the nozzle slightly sideways, the clicking will stop allowing you to fill the tank properly.:wave:

SIXAPPEAL

Purple Monkey Dishwasher
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD Kitted VX on 20's
I'm not a complete slowped, I'm aware any sort of splash up the bowser will stop so it doesn't over flow. But I did say it's been doing it as long as I can remember, and you've got to hold it gently to get it to keep pumping but it still clicks, therefore it's full right?

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
SIXAPPEAL said:
I'm not a complete slowped, I'm aware any sort of splash up the bowser will stop so it doesn't over flow. But I did say it's been doing it as long as I can remember, and you've got to hold it gently to get it to keep pumping but it still clicks, therefore it's full right?

when mine clicks the first time i pull the nozzle out and slowly pour the last 5 litres in the open bit where the fuel cap screws on until it fills up all up the pipe and you can see the fuel at the top there.

after all this time it works out to be extra 5-7 litres after the first click but you gotta pour it slow. its slow and a bit of a pain but that way i know it is full