Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

355 stroker kit

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
My cousin is also gettin a kit from Miltons. Apparently they haven't got any at the moment but I rekon February is when they get more in.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
My cousin is also gettin a kit from Miltons. Apparently they haven't got any at the moment but I rekon February is when they get more in.
yeah i checked there site last night and there all out untill further notice. looks like a good kit to snap up!

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
I've got a brand new SCAT crank on its own for sale if you're interested? Mine is Chev rod journals, so all you have to do is buy a set of 5.7" Chev rods and a set of 383 Chev pistons. Steer clear of going Holden rods, you'll only regret it.

I'm only selling it because i'm going Chev.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I've got a brand new SCAT crank on its own for sale if you're interested? Mine is Chev rod journals, so all you have to do is buy a set of 5.7" Chev rods and a set of 383 Chev pistons. Steer clear of going Holden rods, you'll only regret it.

hmmmm, if I were in aussie I'd grab that :( (assuming 3.48" stroke)

seems to be a lack of supply here in NZ

Last edited:

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355

whats the go with 5.7chev rods and 383 pistons?? noones ever mentioned to me about chev parts used for the stroker...not even the machinist i was talkin to. Any chance u could give me more of a run down of the finer details and so forth?? thanks
....how much u chasing for the crank? how much runtime has it had?

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
whats the go with 5.7chev rods and 383 pistons?? noones ever mentioned to me about chev parts used for the stroker...not even the machinist i was talkin to. Any chance u could give me more of a run down of the finer details and so forth?? thanks

When using standard Holden length rods (5.65") with a 3.48" stroke crank you end up needing a piston with a odd ball compression height. If you use a 3.48" stroker crank that is cast/ground to suit chev rods then you can use standard length Chev rods (either 5.7" or 6") and pistons (holden and chev use the same 9" deck height) which are a LOT cheaper and easier to get (including a much greater range cast, hypatec, forged in various Cr's ) :)

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
hmmmm, if I were in aussie I'd grab that :( (assuming 3.48" stroke)

seems to be a lack of supply here in NZ

Yeh, probably a bit much for shipping hey. Yes, it's 3.48" stroke (355).

I thought i'd been through this many, many times on here, but i'll go again.

If you buy a Holden 355 stroker crank with Chev rod journals, you can use off the shelf 350 Chev 5.7" rods which are obviously cheaper and you can buy any rod you want for a Chev. Then you can just run an off the shelf 383 Chev stroker piston (1.425" pin/compression height) which again, are cheap and easy to get.

That's the reason i'm only selling the Holden 355 crank, i have rods and pistons for a 355 Holden, but considering the rods and pistons are the same as a 383 Chev, i'm hanging on to them to build my Chev.

If you get a crank that has Holden rod journals, you are pretty much limited to the factory Holden rods and ACL or custom made pistons. Obviously it's a hell of a lot cheaper to run Chev rods and pistons.

As for my crank, it's brand new, still in the box. I'm chasing $450 for it.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
As for my crank, it's brand new, still in the box. I'm chasing $450 for it.

That's a good price. damn shame.

I'm still undecided as i'm rather attached to my B cast heads so a stroker is a probably a bit much for em

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Early heads will flow enough for a moderate stroker, it'd probably be better with VN heads, but it'd work fine with B casties.

Edit: Not trying to make a sale, just saying that's all.

When I finally get around to rebuilding it, I want it to rev :D but it would require some real good heads to support a 355 @ 6500rpm+