Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

355 VN Group A Replica

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I do like this car, I just hate the rear muffler placement.

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
haha theyre the same wheels that have been on the car from the start. just painted white

Nope there not the same wheels, same type but a second set.

Thanks sav! Wait tell the cars all perfect and ill get the decals on it to match the 1991 Bathurst Car :)

I do like this car, I just hate the rear muffler placement.

Tell me about it! But what can I do, its the only spot it will fit on a VN with a stock fuel tank.

Anyway apart from a issue with oil flooding the rockers and pissing out of them and the massive amount of body roll im very pleased with the car!

I had to pit every 3 laps to drain the catch can, its only a very small one but still a problem there. Im unsure how to fix this, one option comes to mind of running the stock breather pipes back to the sump as overflow and a breather going to a catch can off the sump or timing case. Now who in this thread told me that there car sees constant high revs and they hardly get any oil in the catch can? lol

Also split a pan hard rod bush towards the end that made the diff move around a whole lot and pinched the front right tyre and wrote it off coming into turn 2 at 190km/h. Most expensive lock up ive every had :p

Eastern Creek Raceway - Best Lap 1:53.3 - Max Speed 216km/h - In a VN :)

GoPro footage to come.

Edit: Here is a photo pre track day with the buldge sitting on the bonnet just to get that look.

2012-05-01100146.jpg

Last edited:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
Anyway apart from a issue with oil flooding the rockers and pissing out of them and the massive amount of body roll im very pleased with the car!

I had to pit every 3 laps to drain the catch can, its only a very small one but still a problem there. Im unsure how to fix this, one option comes to mind of running the stock breather pipes back to the sump as overflow and a breather going to a catch can off the sump or timing case. Now who in this thread told me that there car sees constant high revs and they hardly get any oil in the catch can? Lol
Think that was me :p
Did you deburr and polish your heads and valley and make the galleries slightly larger? Helps massively with oil return to the sump.
Mine constantly sees high revs and has never has that problem... but I am running a standard oil pump for exactly that reason you described

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
haha yeah. Im not sure but I don't think anything was done to the oil system at all, only thing would be the heads. That's why I wanted to have a setup with the drain backs like I posted back a bit. Ill have to do it before my next track day. One thing im glad of is atleast it wasn't still a PCV system :p

Last edited by a moderator:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Not going to lie, Video gave me a... Yeah, You know what haha

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
Well done on the lap time that's not too far off the times I do on my bike out at ec.

MADSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
That go pro vid is cool, the vn sounds awesome.... Looks hot with the white rims and white letter's.

congrats on the dyno day win. I thought i had seen this car before.