Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

390mm rotor 6 Piston CTS-V front brake upgrade

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Thanks for pointing that out, so these are the same size as has been available through GSL for less than the price of the DBA 4000 series. I wasn't sure that Brembo made a 390mm or would even fit, OP where did you get that from?
I'll take it as given they work better on the track pushed hard with multiple slow downs from 200 kph every minute or so.

I would think that even with a responsive pad they'd be killer on the street too.

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I was hesitant to drill the knuckle, but there have been no reports of failures from anyone who has done this in the states, including those who run on the track.

Having said that, next time I see my engine builder, Ill see if he can use his new CNC machine to make a new knuckle out of a harder steel and a tad bigger. Once I know if its possible (which it probably is) and the price (which wont be cheap) I'll let everyone know.

The rotor is confirmed 370mmx34mm in size. I had mine slotted when the arrived. More for the wank factor I suppose. But you can get Alcon rotors in the states for these things, just no one ships to AUS. Maybe a mail forwarding service would work though.

3onTree

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline Sportswagon
I have been considering doing this upgrade for a while. Thanks for the info.

Repped.

Pleasure mate. Only tip I would add is to wash down the iron filings (after drilling out the knuckle) with degreaser or brake part cleaner rather than blasting with air. I actually got one piece of iron filing score my disc slightly as it got between the pad and disc - and the shudder under hard braking was shocking. I cleaned down discs using soapy water and Steel wool to get the old pad compound off (I had Hawke pads). I replaced with the Orem Brembo pads (really ferrodo) and after gentle run in shudder is gone completely under heavy braking. I never would have believed that such a seemingly small detail could ruin the brake feel.

3onTree

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Redline Sportswagon
Interesting that your rotor is 370mm - I was going off the details for the rotor on the amazon web site and it states 15.3 inch diameter which is roughly 390. I'll measure when get the wheel off next. Amazon might be wrong.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Hey all,

Just letting you know we'll have the DBA 4000 Series T3 for the 370mm fronts shortly! Pricing to be confirmed, but will be announced on the Brake Direct Facebook page as soon as we have it!

Cheers,
Greg

K-Man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
^^^ So much win. So now you can source all correct rotors locally, and the DBA rotors are damn good.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner