Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

45000 service

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V v6 S1
I'm due for the exact same service with 24k on my car. I called dealer they said.
1 bleed brakes
2 air filter
3 oil filter
4oil
This.is the 45k service for V6.
Capped 249$ full price $524

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hi all my 2015 sv6 is due for 45000. 2yr service with only 20000 klms on clock. Dealer recommends fuel injection clean.
What do people think.

I do it if they also clean the dipstick as well for free.

What a crock the upselling now days to make extra$$$$$$$

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
I'm due for the exact same service with 24k on my car. I called dealer they said.
1 bleed brakes
2 air filter
3 oil filter
4oil
I just told them to do the basic capped service no extras . I have also been told this is the last capped price it goes up next service. What the f###

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Change the oil and filters yourself......Get oil and filters on special. Very easy job.
Have the brake fluid changed every two years by your local guy.
Have coolant changed every five years by you local guy.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
warranty is the main reason why you are held hostage by the dealerships

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
I just told them to do the basic capped service no extras . I have also been told this is the last capped price it goes up next service. What the f###

1. Bleeding brakes to replace the brake fluid is essential every 2 years approx due to significant deterioration of brake fluid and it's moisture absorbing properties. It's mentioned in the service guide. Its up to you who you get to do it but it must be done. The cost is in the mechanics time as the the DOT 4 fluid itself is inexpensive.

2. Air filters should be changed regularly and this is also covered in the service guide. If you don't do it your engine will eventually run poorly because the build up of dust particles will begin to block effective air flow. After just 10000 kms they get pretty dirty even if just running in city conditions. You can buy the genuine filter (about $45 for the VE/VF v6) and do it yourself. Just pop the latches on the outside of the air box and lift the top to remove the filter. Give the insides of the air box surfaces a clean with the vacuum cleaner , set the new filter in place, drop the top back in place and secure the latches.

3. The oil and oil filter change are part of every service and if it is a capped price service this is included in the cost.

lobbie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf sv6
1 bleed brakes
2 air filter
3 oil filter
4oil
Hi illusivedreams.
I have just called my dealer back and confirmed what is in this 45000 / 27 months service.
All usual checks and oil and filter plus bleed and replace brake fluid. Replace air element as per matenence schedule.
All these items are included in $239 capped price service. Hope this helps don't pay $524 cheers

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
It never was this bad years ago, times have changed now, it is all about getting as much dough from you as they can prise away. Shame really as most of the mechanics are great and know their jobs.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The dealers are being squeezed by factory specified fixed pricing to boost sales. The dealers now don't have the luxury of overcharging for basic services early in the vehicle's life. These shonky additions are designed to rekindle the lost profits. Nothing more.

One area of servicing I disagree with is auto trans service intervals. The interval on my 4 cylinder Captiva is 6 years or 120k. There's no dipstick and the oil is "long life".

I changed the oil in my daughter's Barina at 105k and it was absolutely black. No way could it be as effective as new fluid so I have no intention of going that long with this car. The next service is the 60k due in about six months and I'm thinking of a complete drain and refill at that time. What do others think?

theott

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline
Change the oil and filters yourself......Get oil and filters on special. Very easy job.
Have the brake fluid changed every two years by your local guy.
Have coolant changed every five years by you local guy.

Couple slight issues with this. if you do your servicing your self you will not meet warranty criteria. Also, yes its very easy to change the oil, but what you are missing out on is a full inspection on the car. That is what takes the time to do properly. A good tech will inspect your car and give you a detailed report in a must do, should do, could do format. I never ever hold back on a report but where my ethics come in is the breakdown of that list. Not everything will be a must do item, plans can be put together for should do items over a series of visits and could do are more for info only about possible upcoming issues.
Not advocating dealerships tho. I hate them suckers :mad: