Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4L60E Trans Stress Tests?

a1k3m1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY II S-Pack 25th Anniversary
Gday Guys,

Been working hard lately fully rebuilding my 4L60E trans for a VYII S commodore, With all the hard parts done and the transmission installed back into the car, I turned the car on and all works a treat.

Now at the minute i am just granny driving it around, as im too scared to give it a boot.

So to help with my confidence i want to know if anyone here has some type of stress tests i can run on the transmission to make sure its not going to blow up on the freeway on the way to work.
I have already tried driving it up steep hills , and used the 'engine brake' type feature by lowing the gears.

I have also instaleld a stage 2 shift kit and a transmission cooler, Some of my worry goes to the transmission cooler lines blowing off, Is there a way i can test the hoses line pressure resistance by pushing the pressure up to the limits of the trans? Will running the engine at high RPM cause a higher pressure in the lines?. I know engaging reverse raises the pressure up somewhat, is this the most pressure the trans will usually see?

Thanks Guys for your helps in advance!

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
As far as i know, no actual tests.

If rebuilt, just give it say 500kms if parts replaced to get it to bed in, but should be good off the rank

Why you scared of the hoses coming off?
Arent they secure?