Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

5.7ltr conversion?

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
yeah these days i'am i will be up at 4am to go to work,if i wake up lol
bit cut up about putting 600buks in roulette too,help end the night even eailer lol.

haha in my entire life i've only lost $40 on roulette the rest of the time i've come away with a profit (even if it was small most of the time)

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
you answered practically the same way i did thanks fool.
I see p'platers asking this time and time again 95% of them don't go through with it any way!! I was being blunt though to the point!!
So if you want to do it rite sell the v6 and buy the 8 you want ty,
IT OBV ISN'T HIS PRIDE AND JOY BECAUSE HE HAS FIGURED OUT ITS A V6 AUTO AND IT DOESN'T MOVE!!
SORRY GUYS HAD ABOUT TEN SCHOONERS FEELING GREAT THOUGH SICK OF FOOLS LIKE CAMERON(p's do you have chev badges on you're vx?)

How the f*** was my answer the same as yours. The op just said he is attached... So it is his pride and joy.

So how about instead of getting on the piss and going on forums and acting like a know it all sick c*** you actually read the op's post properly and not assume he is some p player who is bored and on school holidays and actually give him some helpfull information regarding what is asking. Yeah it might not happen but he sounds like he is keen

And no I don't have Chev badges!?

revhead2011

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S II
there is alot of hate going on here..
anyway, if you really want to put a V8 in your car go for it. like it was mentioned above, go for the 6L to make it worth the engine swap :)
if you want to go the way of finding a write off that has its rear caved in make sure that things like the diff, and axels arnt bent/broken cos you will need them too.
if you do a search on the forum or even google im sure you will find some info on LS1/6L v8 swaps into just about every commodore there is.

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Obviously. But if this blokes likes his car and has done a few exteriors mods to it to make it his own and now wants to put a v8 in his pride and joy then give him advice on how he can do it or if you can't then gtfo.

Op, it would probably be better to do a 6.0L conversion. Wreckers should be able to sell you everything you need so just ring around for prices. It will be a hard job to do but if you do it it will be worth every cent put into it

I'd do the conversion to my s pack but I'd rather a genuine Ss or r8 then a wanna be one. You won't have that problem owning a Calais =P

Hmmm lets go bag someone for making an alternate suggestion (go and buy an original V8) whilst at the same time suggesting another alternative (6.0L Conversion) the OP did not ask about... Amusing.

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Ls series motors are getting cheap as these days, buying a car smacked up the arse is a good idea, motor, k frame, brakes. Let us know how it turns out.

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
On a side note, can u put say a vx Ss motor in a vy or Vz because it's older, but is the same motor? Sorry to hijack.

exp0rka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY Calais Series 2
nah its ok its a good question... and ill def tell peop[le how it goes if i decide to do it... just all thoughts atm.

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore SS 5.7L M6
I was considering doing this to my VY S pack. Until I did the math and decided it was going to be cheaper to just get an actual SS. So now I'm just going to sell up and buy one as soon as the right one comes along.

I know that's of no help if you're dead set on keeping your car and upgrading it, but at a certain point you really start just throwing money away.

I don't know how well trimmed your Calais is either (pretty well though I assume) but I'm also using this as a chance to make sure I get all the features and trimming that I'd wished I'd gotten on the S pack.

Food for thought :)

thatbrynguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore SS 5.7L M6
Sorry should've mentioned too... I'm pretty attached to my car too, but it shouldn't be too hard to find one like it. And by the time you swap the engine, gearbox, diff (and everything that has to go along with those) all that's left of your car is the body and interior, which you could probably find similar or identical again anyway.

And then you can use the money you saved by not converting to modify the new car :)

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
Hmmm lets go bag someone for making an alternate suggestion (go and buy an original V8) whilst at the same time suggesting another alternative (6.0L Conversion) the OP did not ask about... Amusing.

It's still an engine conversion.. Which the op asked about. Correct or not?