Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

600 rwkw clutch

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
The car wouldnt be doing 2-3 hour sprints but also not as low as you said. But that would be very hard work for any motor, hope its built with the best of parts lol. This ve is abit different to any other commodore it has to be seen to be believed paul spent over 200k on it. Its pretty much just a ve shell if i find a right up on it ill put it up.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Not sure yet, probably aiming for around 10-12psi... The efficiency of the charger drops off significantly once you pass 12psi to the point where you have temp issues.

In my case, my objectives are a little different to most. When most people say "Oh it goes hard all day" they mean it'll do a few laps in a row, then a couple of cool down laps, then pit till the next session (EG 40 minute break). When i say i i need a car that goes all day, i literally mean 2 * 3+ hour stints going flat out (no cool down laps) only coming in for an occasional pitstop for driver change and refueling. This level of endurance is far more stressful on a car than 1/4 mile drags or one lap sprints.

The other thing is although you can make more power than a V8 supercar, ive yet to see any commodore come close in terms of lap speed, corner speed, top speed or braking performance. A V8 supercar is an amazing machine which most people dont give enough credit for (as it looks like a commodore which of course means its only as good as a taxi).

^^^ This = very true.

The V8 supercars LOOK like their road going cousins, but peel away the shell and there is basically nothing they share in common. Suspension, geomerty, weight distribution, rigidity, all essentially ground up for a V8 supercar

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Hey Harris, was doing some digging trying to find out about clutches. Does the ls McLeod kit bolt up to the l76 ok or do you need a specialy suited one?

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
90% sure Jim Berry does Clutches for these as I read somewhere he handles the V8 brute utes. He does clutches for big power GTR's, wouldn't surprise me if he could make one to hold any power you want.
Just bought one for mine, can't speak highly enough of Jim. There's pics I just put up in my thread in my sig also.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
im not going to be making any massive power. just want a mcleod twin plate because i've heard nothing but good things. and they're about the price of a single plate hd clutch anyway. there's an ls kit on ebay but it's for ls engines. Wasn't sure if the l76's had the same flywheel or not.

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
The mcloed rxt i have is mint best clutch i have ever used never slipped and the torque that goes through it is crazy. so easy to drive. Mine came with a new flywheel so it bolted up easy. trying to remember where i got it from but going blank will find out for u if u want? Was $1800 all up with release bearing fly wheel and clutch.

I would never use any other clutch after this one.