Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

69mm Throttle body for Ecotec

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
You need to get the shift points / pressures altered slightly to match as there is more air for less tps
would it matter if it was manual? thinking of getting one for mine but dont wanna have to get a re-tune just for that

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
you could run with stock tune yes, always better with a tune though :)

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
Considering it'll cost you around $1000 for a tune I wouldn't bother. All my bigger throttle body did was change the colour of the butterfly, and give the illusion of more power at less throttle.

Sounds like you got ripped off.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
VY commodore, mate.
No memcal socket - it's a direct soldered flash chip.

Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

Memcal ID Tool $0
Flashtool $0
Tunerpro $0

All you need to edit for VY V6 if ya have a laptop and a cable, for ya V8 why not join DH so you help once it is supported:spot on:

For commercial tune $1000 still sounds rich to me just for a TB update, dont even need a dyno tune for that.

Here's some extra reading.
VY PCM
Flashtool Support
Settings

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You can go that way yes, but what chiptorque does is de-solder the flash chip, install a chip holder, reprogram a new chip, and off you go. It took them about 3 hours to do mine, though I had a generic raptor SC tune installed as well.

and then chiptorque have limited who can tune the car in the future guaranteeing themselves more work :bang:

pirgoose1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais S2
i have been reading the comments, is the 69mm TB the same as a 5.7L TB? and if i got my acc. cable tighter, would it take off any harder? and how would i get it to be tighter? thanks.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
i have been reading the comments, is the 69mm TB the same as a 5.7L TB? and if i got my acc. cable tighter, would it take off any harder? and how would i get it to be tighter? thanks.

No harder than just regularly flooring it. No they're not the same, and if you had been reading the comments you would have seen it doesn't do that much.