Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

6L LS2 clubsport oil filter

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
anyone know the ryco part number??
ryco doesnt even list hsv in their reference guides...would imagine it would be the same as an L76/L98 but yeh not sure :whistling

cheers ;)
Ryan

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
buy a genuine filter = no warranty drama's and last time i checked actually cheaper...... works out better...

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
ah really...kk mite do it that way then cheers matty :thumbsup:

yeh due for the 30000km service so guna sort all the gear i need out for the change :p

Ryan

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah no worries lad... i know if you use a ryco filter they will cover damages should it happen (but it won't, we both know that) but if the unlikely thing was to happen, its just safer & easier. no arguments then at all....

loving the car mate? since driving that W427 i can't get my mind off aa E series HSV. only thing that annoys me is a hardlid isn't practical for me like on E series maloo, and sailplane makes a nice blindspot, climate control isn't preffered with the boss either... otherwise an awesome package. had the luck the other day to be thrown the keys to a SV08 manual senator.... very nice ride indeed... may have only been a short drive, but left a smile from ear to ear for me anyway.

just out of curiosity, what oil are you gunna run in the beast?

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
mate i everytime i drive that car i have a smile from ear to ear haha
love it mate, incredible car would thoroughly recommend one if you were considering it, but yeh i no wat u mean with the maloo hey, really dont like the look of em too much either the ve maloos, look to chunky on the back and those reflectors on the tail gate dont do anything for me at all.

as for oil, guna run mobil 1 5w-30...wanted the 10w-30 but mobil have stopped making it...reckon this oils the goods? or shud i look at something else?
from what ive herd the mobil is hard to beat :thumbsup:

Ryan

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
Try the 10W 60 Castrol Edge oil mate, you'll notice the difference :) 5W 30 is too thin.

And.. isnt the oil filter the same as the LS1? if so Z160 would be the part number.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
Try the 10W 60 Castrol Edge oil mate, you'll notice the difference :) 5W 30 is too thin.

And.. isnt the oil filter the same as the LS1? if so Z160 would be the part number.

yeh while i do think the 5w-30 mite be a bit thin it is the recommended oil by HSV so you would think it would be right for the car

yeh use to work at supercheap so have seen the castrol edge gear before, will take this into consideration in my final decision ;)

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
hey mate.... nah ls1 filters are different to the best of my knowledge. i know for certain ls1 filters are different to the l98 filters. the thread's inside to screw it on are completely different. not 100% certain if the hsv ls2/3 are different to the l98 or not. i have serviced a few at work, but i remember just ordering a filter specifically for that car at holden, didn't pay much notice when putting it on unfortunately.

5w-30 is what we've used in them, and yeah mobil. last one i did was with castrol edge as we changed all our oils to castrol, myself i did think it seemed better, but that could be a simple matter of opinion.

i think given the choice, they'd both be much of a muchness... i'd probably end up running the mobil as its what hsv have used for years in the ls* series engine's, and i'm sure if there was a problem with it that would have soon changed, so in that way its well proven.

anyway, keep us updated

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
yeh while i do think the 5w-30 mite be a bit thin it is the recommended oil by HSV so you would think it would be right for the car

yeh use to work at supercheap so have seen the castrol edge gear before, will take this into consideration in my final decision ;)

Do a search on the LS1 forum and youll ge the same response mate :)