Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

7" LCD - DVD CD Player?

Aadil

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 S Pack
My mate has this one in Malaysia I used it when I visited him it was pretty solid tbh.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Nic, who used to swear by the cheap units, has since had issues with cheap crap and won't touch it again.

If you like your mates then just buy it.

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Nic, who used to swear by the cheap units, has since had issues with cheap crap and won't touch it again.

If you like your mates then just buy it.

i learnt my lesson now, and don't want to see other ppl doing what i did and wasting the money on them

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
Ohh what happened?

heaps of problems, with the brand Eonon, double din was to big to fit ended up breaking the screan, single din caught on fire internally wen i first played it, rca's front and rear channel had problems like all statically and noise interfearance, ended up using rca to speaker wires converter, everytime i started the car the speakers/sub went pop, all these cheap china brands im asuming they are all the same quality and not reliable/doesnt last,they always have problems when brand new, even friends Xtrons is fked and he has only had it about 2 months

defs not worth buying them after my experience with them

Aadil

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S1 S Pack
Damn that sucks bro.

I decided against that one.. The. Was about to buy this eonon my friend brought which doesn't fit in his car but after I read the thread I said pass lol.

Any recommendation for good double head units that are touch screen or just something that has USB at the front.. Tempted to get the alpine going at jb hifi with free 6in speakers ATM thou. Very tempted. Seems like a good deal. And then get some 6x9 kickers :O

ewebz91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sportswagon
This one doesnt have USB at the front but it is a pretty decent unit still.Its the updated version of what i have in my car. Ive got no complaints with my unit, only thing it doesnt have is navigation. You can get this unit for around $500 - $700. Well worth it imo.

Clarion Australia | VX401A

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
pioneer also do a good screen and usb H/U for around that mark

however they only have 7" screen with rear usb:

AVH-P4450BT 7" in-car DVD player with Bluetooth, iPod/iPhone Control, Rear USB and Aux-in - Pioneer DVD Player & Screens

or a 5.8" screen with front usb:

AVH-2350DVD Double-Din AV Player with 5.8-inch Touch Screen, iPod Control, Front USB and Aux-in - Pioneer DVD Player & Screens

keep in mind those prices are a major rip off, and you can often find them at least 30% on ebay or in a local store

personally i would prefer a larger screen with rear usb, so you can hide the usb in the glove box or something out of sight, and also if you use a thumb drive there is always the chance of it being bumped and broken in a front usb unit