Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

86 vl calais manual

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
just read this from first page to last, really impressive build with a lot of effort put into it.

i love reading these home DIY jobs from start to finish, make's me want to do something similar!

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
looks good man. i would advise on a billet oil filler cap over that faded black stocka. would set it off nicely

that rockercover candy apple red?

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
yeah wil most likely be gettting one of the billet caps for it. rocker cover is actually bolted on now, so are runners, injectors, top and bottom hose. getting there slowly, have replaced all bolts so far with stainless. is looking quite nice, will get a few pics over the weekend.

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
picked up the car today from gettting manifodl modded, dump pipe made and screamer pipe made.

IMG_0018-1.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0015-1.jpg

fallen1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Holden VS Statesman
i stumbled accross this thread and im bloody amazed at how neat this thing is buddy. one of the nicest VL's I have seen a real credit to you.

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
cheers guys yeah getting pretty excited, re wired fusebox and fitted back into engine bay tonight, am planning onputting in the enginebay wiring loom and heaterbox tomorrow so the interior can be put back together.

as for the powersteering reservoir i just havnt thought about where im going to mount it yet or what container to use, its just sitting there

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
86 VLCT/02 VY SV8
havnt updated onhere in a while few plans ahave changed, am now going to be running e85, so injectors were sold, also sold the nistune to make way for a microtech. plenum had to be moddified to fit piping, changed the angle of the throttlebody flange. have a set of 1000cc injectors, waiting for a rail so i can put them in. in the middle of doing plumbing, cold side done, just need to do hot side. als just ordered all my turbo oil/coolant fittings and lines. will have more pics once thats done

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg