Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

94 VR S2 S-pac Ute

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Update time

Not much on the ute as of late, but venetians should be here today and I'm going to install some red LED footwell lights plumbed into the interior and courtesy light circuit. Exhaust has been booked in and power steering repairs should be completed this weekend. Freshen up the bay a bit.

In other news, as an addition to the family, I have(going to, loan about to be approved) purchased my friends 06 VZ SV6 Manual Sedan as the family car, as he is upgrading to a VF ute. Perfect car for my missus as she doesn't have her license yet. Plenty of extras. But yeah, a my ride thread will go up when I have the keys.

Stay tuned.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Ahh #### man, sorry didn't see your reply there. Sucks, stay strong sorry a bit late.

Sounds good with the Ute, i know how it feels with power steering issues
VZ also pretty awesome keen for the ride thread.

aj159

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS CALAIS
i hate the 3.6 alloytecs... to do spark plugs are **** (gotten quick cause of the ammount i do a week) but the real pain in the ass is the thermostat... right up against the fire wall... take manifolds everything off... then use your fingers to feel.... dont mind the shape but if it was me i would be buying a vy instead... probably cause im a mechanic but yeah...
sorry to hear about the bad news man i feel for you... had a similar experience but i wont go down there man...

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
i hate the 3.6 alloytecs... to do spark plugs are **** (gotten quick cause of the ammount i do a week) but the real pain in the ass is the thermostat... right up against the fire wall... take manifolds everything off... then use your fingers to feel.... dont mind the shape but if it was me i would be buying a vy instead... probably cause im a mechanic but yeah...
sorry to hear about the bad news man i feel for you... had a similar experience but i wont go down there man...

Don't worry aj, I'm a Diesel Fitter, so I'm used to doing somewhat annoying jobs. Automotive vehicles are easy to work on. You try doing a steering pump pressure hose on a 1700G Cat loader, machine at operating temp and 2km underground, with no ventilation. One of, if not the hardest hose I have done to date.

I got the VZ because about 75% of the modifications performed on it, I have had my hands on it and input of it. So it's basically the car I never had, until now.

Here's a small list of extras, for those who are intrigued.
06 VZ SV6 Manual Sedan 3.6 Alloytec. Silver.
Kings Springs Ultra low front and rear springs with shortened struts and shocks. Also a set of super lows.
Lukey 2 1/2" cat back exhaust with stainless tips. Does sound ok, for an Alloytec.
20" x 8.5" rims with new tyres. Can't remember the brand, but are fully black.
2x Type R 12" subs with custom corner boxes in boot.
Type R speakers through out vehicle.
Rampage competition amp.
Pioneer amp.
Pioneer touch screen head unit with dvd player.
Blue digital gauges, volts and oil temp in dash binnacle.
Blue LED strips throughout interior.
Custom blue interior, dash, centre console, seats, door cards.
SS cold air induction.
LED lights in tail lights.
Philips bulbs in front end. 4300K, low, high and fog.

Heaps more, but I can't ruin the surprise.

But yeah, the experience of losing a baby, still born is not a nice experience. I'm pretty distraught, but my partner is really feeling it. Hard times right about now, and angry times when I found out the cost to bury/cremate our son. You don't want to go there.

So, I come here and browse threads to make me feel better, wierd I know.

'Til next time.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Sounds like a good buy man.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Update

Rear venetians are in. Also red footwell LEDs are installed, I plumbed them into the ignition barrel lamp circuit as it is still the same circuit as the courtesy and interior illumination.

Just need to detail the ute and I'll get some photos up. Couldn't be happier with the outcome though.

Loan to be approved by Thursday, so the VZ is getting even closer. My partner is very excited, but she just needs here license so she can reap the reward/s.

Stay tuned.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Any ute updates?

Yeah, I suppose it's time for an update. For those who are interested.

Been flat out with work and family as of late, so I put the cars on hold for a bit. And only today did I have time to finish of the power steering repairs. New powersteering pump, VS Series high pressure hose, Aeroflow powersteering reservoir, Suction hose, return hose and Magnefine Blue metal filter.

Also, modded the strut brace to fit (finally). Just need to weld up the brace for a smooth finish and a good polish. Installed conduit and electrical tape on exposed battery wires too, but I have another idea I'll put in play come work tomorrow. Wait and see, I'm really excited how it'll turn out. Will definitely clean up the engine bay a lot more.

Here's a photo.

Red LED strips in the footwells too, and a shot of the venetians.

Gave the ute a good wash, wax and detail this afternoon. Inside and out. Removed the sticker of the centre of the rear windscreen, looks much better.

Anyway, hope you like it, as I do love this girl very much. Has never let me down. I have heaps more planned for it, so stay tuned. A proper camera is first on the list, as the iPhone 5 ain't the best.

Cheers.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Ute's looking mint as per usaul mate. Glad to see I influenced you with the venetians mate!