Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

97 VS II V6 questions mods that work ?

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
The oil was changed the other week, did a fuel filter bout year n half ago, just bought 1 2day tho. Mite give the K&N a clean out as well. Not much else u can do 2 service the engine...

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
what about the trans, radiator, battery, fluids (as in power steering and brake)....they all need attention for a full service. (although im not saying that servicing these will fix your economy)
anyway, i cant believe you had all that other stuff changed, yet you didnt try replacing the fuel filter...that would have been one of my first things to try.

Slow VR

Another White Crummodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series II
Power steer pump has been rebuilt, all the lines replaced, auto trans had new shift solenoid, trans filter and obviously new auto trans fluid, Battery is recently new, radiator has been out to have 2 new tanks fitted and been flushed, water pump replaced, new rad cap, bled the system to get the air out, belt tensioner assy and pulley replaced, new pads front n rear, bled the brakes.

How often should the fuel filter be replaced? Ive fitted a newy this arv!!!:drink:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
well i service my cars every 6 months, one being a general...oil, oil filter, clean my air filter (being a k&n), clean throttle body, run some injector cleaner through a tank of fuel and check over everything else, replacing anything needed.
the next service (every 12 months), i do pretty much everything...oil, oil filter, flush radiator, spark plugs, air filter clean, throttle body clean, fuel filter, trans service, injector cleaner and check over everything else...
other things like brake pads, battery, tyres, fluids etc....ill replace when neccessary.

evo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series II s 97 manual
getrag manual trans vs series II v6

hey i have a vs series II s 1997 with a getrag box in it.
Is there an adaptor kit for changing the flywheels from
the dual mass flywheel to a single plate flywheel like the
T5 flywheels i have looked around for heavy duty clutches
for getrag boxes cant find them anywhere???