Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

97 vt ss gurgling sound passenger side engine bay

cliffo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Series 1
After returning home yesterday and parking car I could hear a gurgling sound coming from under the bonnet. Upon inspection the sound was coming from passenger side of engine bay but I couldn't determine where the sound was coming from. I started car and the fan kicked in and eventually the sound stopped. The temp gauge was reading half, so not overheating at all. Radiator fluid full, engine oil fine and no visible signs of leaking fluid. I read online that it may be the heater core or heater valve tap but the heater is working fine. I've got no clue????

Last edited:

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
Was yesterday an out of the ordinary hot day, we to once in a while have this but only during say on a 40 plus day.
Like yours the cooling and heating system is A1 I'd just keep an eye on it and if it continues and the temp reading starts to increase then I'd be off to a radiator place for a report.

I forgot to add maybe the gurgling sound is the coolant being drawn from the radiator into the overflow tank.

Last edited:

cliffo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Series 1
Was yesterday an out of the ordinary hot day, we to once in a while have this but only during say on a 40 plus day.
Like yours the cooling and heating system is A1 I'd just keep an eye on it and if it continues and the temp reading starts to increase then I'd be off to a radiator place for a report.

Yesterday's temp was 22 degrees and overcast so nothing major.

cliffo83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0L Series 1
I forgot to add maybe the gurgling sound is the coolant being drawn from the radiator into the overflow tank.

Now that you mention it, the overflow tank was empty or close to it. It sounded like water boiling but car wasn't over heating. I'm changing the coolant tomorrow anyway.