Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

A/C problem

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
I will check out tomorrow what the wire colors are & post it.

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
The wires you are looking for should be brown & green with a black stripe.

N

ninja

Turns out it was a faulty pressure switch, I bridged out the wires to it and the a/c worked, just a matter of putting in a new switch and hey presto, cool air again.
Thanks for the advice

M

mi_chelle

I have the sam problem but am stuck... Urgent help please!!!!

Hi Ninja.... i need some urgent help please. My air con doesnt work and it sounds like what yours was.
I thought I was low on gas when it stopped working and took it to get regassed, they found it still didnt work and traced it back to the air con thermostat under the dash. Anyhow... we have manually bypassed switches by connecting 12v straight to compressor and got nice cold air... but I have been told it is bad to premanently rig up as can kill the compressor.
So I bought the thermostatic switch from GMH and we pulled the dash out. Now we're stuck. I can see the other thermostatic switch, but it seems to be glued in... and goes in the back of all this plastic casing. This sounds like the same switch you had to change with the green and brown wires. Did you have to get the casing off and if not how did you change yours?? Also can we do this without having to remove the actual evaporator, to avoid losing gas. and either way... evaporator in or out... how the heck do I do it from here??? Please help!!!
Michelle