Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You’ll struggle to find a manual Gen-F Tourer, they only offered them until the 2013 (I think) model-year.
There’s not a lot of room in the back, with safety laws these days I’d be surprised if fitting seats back there was still legal, and it’d only be useable for max ~8yo’s if it’s legal.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
You won't get a 7 seater wagon and if you do the back seats will be basically useless.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
mate, do yourself (and the family) a favour, If you genuinely need to use the seven seats on a regular basis, look at a dedicated people mover. We have a Kia Carnival and it **** all over the Calais wagon (when i had it) for space. Putting a dickie seat in the back of it would have been worse than a stint in Guantanamo Bay..

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Sorry, but I believe this plan just can’t work.

If you’re really planning on keeping the car for 10 years, even your 2yo won’t fit in the back row after about 5 years.
It’s dubious as to whether such a conversion would be legal; you’ll need to find out.
It’s difficult to even find a manual Gen-F Tourer, because they only sold them for 1-2 years & they weren’t big sellers.
An LPG conversion is going to be another problem; where’s the tank going to go? I guess you could remove the petrol tank, but is that a bit limiting?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Engineering certificate for it to be legal but that is costly and others pointed out the seating is sh!t.
There are very few purpose built 7 seaters out there and most of them are SUV. If the V8 is a must have you'v got fewer options. Big Landy, Merc or Audi SUV or a chopped Caddy Escalade - Lincoln Navigator is about it. The vans tend to have smaller engines for some reason.

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: