Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AAMI Skilled Drivers 1 Day Course

ICUBYE

Do I Smell Burnin Rubber?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0Litre '96 Series 1
Hi all,

I just got off the phone with AAMI about their Skilled Drivers Course.

If you are under 25 and have comp insurance with AAMI or your parents or grand parents do its FREE to do the course otherwise its $165.

Im 25 so i got told its a no go for me even tho i have comp insurance through AAMI and so do both of my parents and grandparents.

SO call up and get booked in, you just need a licence and your own car.

I missed out on it but im sure alot of others can get in and learn some more driving skills and plus they get to throw their cars around a bit and learn how to control them....

Hope this help

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
yeah my mate did this out in hoppers werribee about 4 months back but he was on the just cars side of the fence from aami who own just cars anyway he loved it and it was well worth it

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
It's not a bad day. Also not to mention if you are insured with AAMI they give you 10% of your premium back (under 25 only) which can be a fair bit for younguns...

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
wouldnt it be nice if gov and insurance companys would do this for everyone young and old for free to cut the carnage down
once again its all about the money

ICUBYE

Do I Smell Burnin Rubber?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0Litre '96 Series 1
Im spewin because i didn't know about this years ago, if i did then i may have been able to control my car spinning in the wet and hitting a tree costing me over $8,000, maybe i still would have hit it, but maybe not as much damage.

I told them i was willing to pay to do the course because i would love it, but they said no only under 25's...

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
your 25, more then likely you don't need it because of 'experience' anyway the people i know who have done it have all had accidents some more then others...personally i wouldn't waste my money.
remember im just sharing what i know.

pandaman

Aussie Muscle Fan
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 5.0 A4
I've heard the AAMI one can be pretty dodgy. I reckon if you're going to do a course like that, a proper defensive driving course would be a better idea, they can be expensive but you definitely get more out of it from what I've heard.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
yeah my mate did this out in hoppers werribee about 4 months back but he was on the just cars side of the fence from aami who own just cars anyway he loved it and it was well worth it

just cars dont do driving courses

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
i so badly want to do one of these, im up for anything that will help me control my car better =]..... but i was just wondering. my parents are under pensioners insurance... and aami own them, so will i be able to get it for nothing still or not?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
your 25, more then likely you don't need it because of 'experience' anyway the people i know who have done it have all had accidents some more then others...personally i wouldn't waste my money.
remember im just sharing what i know.

To a point this is true, the AAMI course is very basic, however, i suggest EVERYONE at least do an advanced drivers course, so much can be learnt from doing it.