Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

About a previous post for others knowledge

djdanielb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged Vr V6 Stroker
I had a issue a bit ago with my vr Calais, the auto would intermittantly stop changing gears properly and wouldn't kick down when you gunned it, after turning the car off then on again it would be fine for a few k's at least sometime up to 100 k's

I was told a heap of things which i checked twice to ensure i didn't miss anything ( computer, wiring harness, auto it self, Pressure solenoids shift solenoids etc...)

Anyways nothing helped till a brain storm came along, Thinking to my self how does the car know when to change gears, TPS (Throllte Position Sensor), I headed off to the reckers and got one for $10, Plugged it up, bolted it on, turned on the appy with efi live and checked the signal it read .64volts straight away, with 4% throttle, My old tps only read .39 volts @ 1% throttle, to cut a long story short it fixed the problem,

The car also used to miss every few seconds and it fixed it aswell, purrs like out of show room,

The only other thing i did was
1, Reset the Throttle position sensor, TURN CAR ON TO IGN, RESET THE TPS AND TURN OFF FOR 5 SECS AT LEAST, NOW READS .64VOLTS @ 0% THROTTLE, PERFECT

2. RESET THE IAC SENSOR, TURN CAR ON TO IGN, RESET THE IAC SENSOR AND TURN OFF FOR 5 SECS AT LEAST,

I done this using efi live professional and worked a charm, PLEASE NOTE AS FAR AS I AM AWARE THE TRIAL VERSION OF EFI LIVE DOES NOT DO THESE FUNCTIONS EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS IT DOES,

Once again thanks to all for their help Especially DOCTOR BOB for his many emails,

Cheers and god bless Just commodores

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
So EFI Live has a function that resets the IAC and TPS? (I've not used EFI Live)

djdanielb

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeh, its got heaps how macro's, just be sure you know what your doing before doing it, (dont wanna screw things up,) oh it has to be EFI LIVE PRO

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
can enguage and disenguage A/C ,add spark ,bypass spark advance,turn check engine light on and off to test it,clear tr5ouble codes ,dump memcal to file, command any gear lockup tcc turn off fuel pump can do heaps with it

djdanielb

Reaction score
Members Ride
as delcowizzid said CAN DO HEAPS,

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
cant you manually reset those two items anyway?

djdanielb

Reaction score
Members Ride
not without some sort of scan tool, or pc program that supports it,