Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

About coolant tube and motor light.

Shaunn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Well the first question is when i was driving the light with the motor and the lightning strike came on underneath the temperature gauge, then i stoped and turned the motor of then a few minutes later turned it back on then it stayed off,

then when i opened the radiator all the green coolant leaked out from underneath the car were the coolant tube is, would that just be a big leak in the tube?

And anyone know how much it would cost to get a new one?

Shaunn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Haha i dunno what it's called, the tube with the yellow cap in the bottom right corner, and i have a VT commodore.

WPN_L67

Reaction score
Members Ride
charged vu ute
can u undo the cap?? does it look like a wing nut??

im not familar with the vt.

tighten it a little bit, or take it out and put a new oring on it??

Shaunn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Don't think anyone knows what i mean, well when i put water in the radiator i did it up then undid it and when i unscrewed it all the coolant come out from underneath the car, so there is a leak somewhere in the coolant tube, the one with the yellow cap.

Rossbx

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VS Commodore Equipe Sedan
English PLEASE??
I am totally guessing here but do you mean the overflow bottle on the right side inner guard? There are 2 hoses which go into that bottle. One is connected to the radiator filler neck and the other is the overflow hose which goes down to the chassis rail through a hole and allows excess coolant to fall onto the ground. If you put too much coolant into the overflow bottle it will spew the excess out onto the ground...

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
correct , im guessing he has over filled it , never undo the radiator cap when the motor is hot in case you didnt know , wait till its been sitting for ages then top up the radiator and fill up the overflo bottle till you get to the marks on the dipstick