Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS/Stability control faults lights come on.

COSY ✌️

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Holden omega Sportswagon
Hi Look for advice for my 2011 Ve Holden sports wagon , ABS and Stability control Light come on and then my break pedal shudder
I just wanted to see if anyone would know how to fix the problem. Also why my break pedal shudder At the same time my ABS/stability control light appear.
cheer Thanks.

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Sounds very much like a Faulty ABS Sensor, and/or wiring.
But I would get it Scanned, and that should indicate which item maybe faulty.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
get it scanned first, so not throwing away money on parts not needed, can be as simple as a battery (VE is power hungry) especially if your trips are all short and battery is old (3yrs or more) to rear loom, rear sensors, front sensors, and being the V6 it can be MAF, throttlebody, etc
when are you getting these messages, and are they staying, engine light coming on?? little more info may help

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
@MYVESSV8 That is a Perfect explanation.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
2nd the suggestion to get it scanned

Highly likely to be a broken ABS sensor loom

COSY ✌️

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Holden omega Sportswagon
get it scanned first, so not throwing away money on parts not needed, can be as simple as a battery (VE is power hungry) especially if your trips are all short and battery is old (3yrs or more) to rear loom, rear sensors, front sensors, and being the V6 it can be MAF, throttlebody, etc
when are you getting these messages, and are they staying, engine light coming on?? little more info may help
I will get it scanned first Thanks. No engine light comes on. Just the ABS LIGHT comes on, then the stability control fault appears this happens when I turn the car on , then when I put it in drive my break shudder, the breaks also shudder when I’m driving. Any advice would be awesome cheers.

Nelso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Exactly the same thing happened to mine and it was the rear wheel bearing and sensor. I just had to replace the sensor and did the wheel bearings at the same time as they were also worn out (the sensor pick up is the wheel bearing) and it fixed the problem. As others have said, plug it in and find out which sensor is not reading correctly, so you know which one to replace.

M D I

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore Sv6
Hi Look for advice for my 2011 Ve Holden sports wagon , ABS and Stability control Light come on and then my break pedal shudder
I just wanted to see if anyone would know how to fix the problem. Also why my break pedal shudder At the same time my ABS/stability control light appear.
cheer Thanks.
OK I had these come on last night, searched these threads only to get answers like common problem, rear wheel sensors ect.
I have had the service light been coming up the last couple of weeks and thought I had cleared it, I have a Bluetooth obd2 connected to the car constantly for the last year so I tried reading the fault codes only to find no fault codes which there is as in the past when reading them Bank 1 and Bank 2 have come up meaning Strech timing chains To cut the story short I thought I would clear the service reset by holding the trip button down, turning the key on then hitting the enter button, turned the car ignition off, then started the car, to my amazement the abs and stability lights have gone and have not come back on, so hope this might help someone with the same problem, I did try clearing the faults before doing this with the obd2 using the torque app but that didn't get rid of the lights.... Cheers

Waz888v8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ls1 s2
cheer Thanks.
Had same problem in my vy turned out to be the abs module on the front of the abs where the plug plugs in to the abs the whole black bitt thatneeds replacing hope this helps

Ginnypov

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 sportswagon
Hi our ve 2010 wagon has the same two consistent lights when key on start up AND we have the horrible shudder (and shudder noise) for at least 2kms and the lights stay on and we'll get a warning bell every now and again with the stability light flashing, abs light is constant. My concern is not the lights, bells and whistles, but what the heck is that shudder?
Sorry if not post etiquette - Should I put this in a new post?