Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ABS warning followed by Traction Control Warning.

Taz_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Hey guys the title pretty much says it all. Out of the blue for no reason the ABS warning followed by Traction Control Warning came on. When I turn the car off then back on it goes away for about 1 minute then returns. I scanned the car the error was "left rear speed sensor". I swapped the sensor from left to right but yet the error is still "left rear speed sensor". Any ideas? Oh it's a 2008 SSV manual ute.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Did you reset the code after you swapped the sensors.

Taz_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Yeah bud sure did and it returned within minutes of starting the car

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
I'm pretty sure I have read in previous threads that it is wiring harness that's typically the problem. Typically the last harness from wheel sensor back. Try a search and see what you can find.

Taz_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Yeah same, it's a Holden only part tho no one sells them. I'll ring Holden on Monday for a price. I might jump under the ute tomorrow for a look see if it's something obvious.

ChRiDDa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z Sportwagon
Yep, busted rear loom - quite a common problem in the early VE's - fairy easy to change and it's all plug and play - remove the old loom and route the new one in its place
'Twas around the $55 for memory

Taz_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Ok so I picked up the wiring harness from Holden today. It was $48.66. It replaces wiring to both left and right sensors and appears to connect somewhere near the diff. I will hopefully get the ute on the hoist tomorrow and will report the outcome.

Taz_SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Ok, so problem solved. Old harness out in 10 mins, beer, new harness in 10 mins, beer, clear codes and test drive. All fixed. Beers. However I did spot another issue with the ute. I'll start a new thread to explore this one. Drive shaft noise!