Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

AC temprature at the vent

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Just seeing if I need a regas on my VX. The air cond temp fluctuates between 10-13 degrees which seems a bit high.
I had a old Corolla which used to sit at around 3-5 degrees!

Are there any other common problems with the VX air cond system, such as TX valve, compressor etc?
Or should I just get a regas, fill it with the dye and check later?

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
I would just get a regas and go from there but those temperatures are quite high. Mine sits on around 3-5 degrees.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
They do have a habit of lunching compressors. Just re-gas with dye and go from there. You can buy a new compressor off eBay for $275.

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Yeah I'll get the gas pressures checked and dye added and go from there.
My old VS ute had temps at the vents of around 3-6 degrees so it is definitely a bit high on this.

Will get it checked out and go from there. Hopefully regassing it doesnt put extra pressure on the rest of the air cond system.

Edit, the compressor on the ls1 is about $500 :(

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I would just get a regas and go from there but those temperatures are quite high. Mine sits on around 3-5 degrees.

Is that at idle or with the car moving? I guess with no extra air circulation and cooling of the condensor, at idle it should be slightly higher? Had mine regassed yesterday and we're in for a high 20's temp today so I will check out the temps.

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Make sure you are not getting any hot air bleeding through from the heater because the tap is not sealing off or perhaps the vent door not shutting fully home. I have fitted a low pressure tap in the hot side of the heater hose from the engine and turn it off during the hot weather to prevent any possibility of heat from the heater core contaminating the cooled air from the evaporator.