Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Acrylic + Thinners Ratio

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
I'm pretty sure it's a sheet metal radiator cover, so I'd be tipping he's painting flat hy-rider. And your right on the money about panel beaters.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
we spray painters get a kick out of when someone replies to paint advice with that line. i lol'd most panel beaters couldnt answer a paint question with a gun to their head...

what kind of elements will this aluminium be subjected to? indoor outdoor? also i know showbags has suggested to double your thinners on the last coat, just be careful, it goes on easier than it comes off. it wouldnt even hurt to test it on a scrap piece as a dry run so that you dont end up having to rubbing runs back (unless your painting flat) and recoating your larger one. adjust your gun and do test patterns before letting it rip...

back years ago in trade school (panel & paint) i think it was the first lesson my teacher said 'get used to being called a panel beater even if you want to be a spray painter' and its true lol. i think its just more common to refer to it as panel beaters unless your in the trade.

as showbags said. its a aluminum radiator cover, so it will be subject to heat. thanks for the advice. i think your right, i might test out the gun and the flow on my dads truck draw bar. see how it reacts.

added a pic for better understanding.

IMG_0070.jpg

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Also Jecs, how are you attaching it to your radiator support panel. If your using steel bolts or screws, electrolysis is going to kill your paint quick smart. My suggestion would be plastic scrivets with nylon washers between the aluminium and steel or nylon inserts on your rad support to screw into.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
well ive tried and tried and i either cant spray for **** anymore or my el-cheapo spray gun is hammered.

showbags spray it for me

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
showbags just got roped in lol... :wax:

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride