Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Active select paddles not working

da_warped_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Hi,

I recently bought a 2006 VZ SV6 commodore and realised that the active select paddles don't work or won't change the gears. When i activate the active select mode and press the paddles nothing happens, then when i deactivate the active select i am unable to reactivate the active select mode again. It seems like the car is detecting a fault and not letting me reactivate the active select.

Has anyone had this problem before?

thanks.

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
does your horn work?
if so, someone has fitted the wrong clock spring to your car.
I had this prob when mums partner fitted the wrong one, didn't believe me and it cost him the replacement

da_warped_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
My horn does work.

What is the clock spring, how do i know exactly if the wrong one has been installed and how do i go about putting the correct one on?

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
the clock spring is basically a coil that gets power to the steering wheel.

I cant comment on what the differences are between the range cos i didn't see the old one come out.

It will be easier to get holdens or an auto elec to do it because the airbag and steering wheel has to come off

The other thing i just thought about, have you or anyone else replaced the steering wheel controls?
the reason i ask is that the sv6 and calais have a different loom for the controls

da_warped_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
I probably take it to holden and see what they say. I dont kno if it was replaced becuase i just bought the car a few weeks ago.

Thanks for your help.